Aimspro available in the UK

A forum to discuss Aimspro (Goat Serum) as a possible therapy for MS
bromley
Family Elder

Aimspro available in the UK

Post by bromley »

This article was on the MSRC site but it looks like advertising - so please delete Arron if it breaches any rules.

The area where I live in London is where a GP was giving out Aimspro on an informed consent basis. My MS nurse told me that a couple of her patients had used it and she had seen no positive effect on them.

The price seems high for a drug that has not been through any proper trials.

Aimspro now available in UK

Aimspro is available now, on the Specials Named Patient Basis , which is when a doctor writes a prescription for the UNLICENSED medication and the patient covers the cost.

All information on this can only be sent to a doctor if they write to Daval International requesting the pack.

The main points to remember are:

The procedure: Go to your own GP and ask him or her to write to Daval at their Eastbourne address (below) and ask for the doctor's pack.
In that pack is a prescription form for Aimspro for 15 phials.
-This prescription must be sent to the pharmacy listed in the Pack.
The Aimspro can either be collected in person from this pharmacy in London, or sent by post, but as it needs to remain frozen it is unclear how this will be done.
At present, each phial costs £182. They expect the price to come down in time.
The dose is twice a week.(£364 a week!)
It's very easy to inject yourself - tummy or arm is fine. Or someone else can do it for you.
Daval will also be arranging three further Clinical Trials in the very near future, details of these, if passed by the health authorities, will appear on the Daval International website.

To contact Daval:

Daval International Ltd,
4a Gildredge Road,
Eastbourne,
East Sussex,
BN21 4RL

Tel: 0800 328 3793
Fax: 0845 603 1190
Email: email@davalinternational.com
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Hi all,

I got Aimspro here in australia. They suggested a large prescription from my doctor, however, I got a small one of 3 vials with 5 repeats (I think).

This meant I only had to pay for three before i could decide that aimspro worked or didnt work for me. ie I didnt have to pay and commit to the cost of 15 vials.

You may be able to do the same in the uk. Just a thought.

NB: I used Aimspro withiin 1 month of stopping rebif, which i later found out was found to reduce aimspro's effectiveness. DOH!
kristen

aimspro

Post by kristen »

Does anyone know of patients recieving aimspro outside of the UK?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I am guesing you mean apart from me, here in australia
Gilenya, 80mg Lipitor, Inosine, Minocycline, Suppliments galore.
3 CCSVI treatments, no major noteable benefits thus far.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

Yes, I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to try it in Australia, about 12 months ago.....but for me, at least with limited benefit.
Regards,
Phil.
petertwig

Re: Aimspro available in the UK

Post by petertwig »

If you want to know the real facts concerning Aimspro ask Proventus
bromley wrote:This article was on the MSRC site but it looks like advertising - so please delete Arron if it breaches any rules.

The area where I live in London is where a GP was giving out Aimspro on an informed consent basis. My MS nurse told me that a couple of her patients had used it and she had seen no positive effect on them.

The price seems high for a drug that has not been through any proper trials.

Aimspro now available in UK

Aimspro is available now, on the Specials Named Patient Basis , which is when a doctor writes a prescription for the UNLICENSED medication and the patient covers the cost.

All information on this can only be sent to a doctor if they write to Daval International requesting the pack.

The main points to remember are:

The procedure: Go to your own GP and ask him or her to write to Daval at their Eastbourne address (below) and ask for the doctor's pack.
In that pack is a prescription form for Aimspro for 15 phials.
-This prescription must be sent to the pharmacy listed in the Pack.
The Aimspro can either be collected in person from this pharmacy in London, or sent by post, but as it needs to remain frozen it is unclear how this will be done.
At present, each phial costs £182. They expect the price to come down in time.
The dose is twice a week.(£364 a week!)
It's very easy to inject yourself - tummy or arm is fine. Or someone else can do it for you.
Daval will also be arranging three further Clinical Trials in the very near future, details of these, if passed by the health authorities, will appear on the Daval International website.

To contact Daval:

Daval International Ltd,
4a Gildredge Road,
Eastbourne,
East Sussex,
BN21 4RL

Tel: 0800 328 3793
Fax: 0845 603 1190
Email: email@davalinternational.com
Petertwig

Return to “Aimspro”