Hoping to try aimspro

A forum to discuss Aimspro (Goat Serum) as a possible therapy for MS
Ellenem
Getting to Know You...

Hoping to try aimspro

Post by Ellenem »

Im just wondering how many people out there (well on this board at least lol) have tried aimspro and what their experiences were.

Im trying not to get caught up with the miracle stories floating about but Ive come to a point where I feel that I have little choice other than to at least try aimspro.

Ive been on avonex (that was when my condition deteriorated substantially), Ive tried diet (didnt do a lot), tried the antibiotics (didnt do anything for me either) and Ive been on LDN coming up 3 years (isnt doing a lot to improve things but I seem to remaining reasonably stable at least) Oh and Ive also been turned down for campath as Im not suitable.

My neuro is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot so Ive researched and tried all this off my own back as Im not about to sit back and let this MonSter take over any more of my life than it has already.

Back to the point lol... Ive sent some aimspro info off to my gp to see of shes willing to rx it, if not then I'll go to one of the private gps that is rx it. Basically Ive made up my mind to try it but was just interested in hearing the experiences of anyone else thats tried it

E
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

you can find my peronal account: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-1407.html

I see you have also been trying every angle. have you given lipitor a go?
Ellenem
Getting to Know You...

Post by Ellenem »

I havent tried lipitor but I have to confess thats one treatment option I dont really know anything about. Is it meant to stabilise the MS or have people had symptom improvements as well? Also, is it available in the UK?

E
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Some people have had a major portion of their symptoms go (almost symptom free). Personally, i have noticed that it reduces my MS symptoms, but does not stop a relapse. I have a very clear trigger for a relapse (a cold/flu).

Current research has shown it to have anti inflamatory properties as well as effects on the bbb. So possibly a double whammy. The original article i read on this site (for simvastatin) found a 44% reduction in MRI activity or something.
A group of 30 patients with MS given 80 mg a day of Merck & Co Inc's Zocor, or simvastatin, had a 44 percent reduction in brain lesions after three months of treatment, their study showed.
http://www.thisisms.com/article106.html

I think in the UK, low dosage (10mg I think) can possibly be purchased without a prescription. ie yes its available in the UK.
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

Ellenem wrote:I havent tried lipitor ... is it available in the UK?
My GP in Buckinghamshire has prescribed simvastatin for me and you can buy low-dose statins OTC. I have a real problem with understaning the science behind aimspro - like I dont believe there is any - and consider it to be an eloborate con - just my opinion shared by my neurologist. However you should decide for yourself.

PS I think I prefer snail poison to goat's blood :)
John
I am what I am
Ellenem
Getting to Know You...

Post by Ellenem »

Hi John

What dose of simvastatin do you take and what effects has it had on your MS?

E
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

JFH wrote: PS I think I prefer snail poison to goat's blood
Dont forget, this is the serum of goats that have been infected with the AIDS virus. Just to make it more appealing.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Good lord, I think if the antibiotics hadn't worked so well for me, I would be more tempted to try snail poison. I remembr my mother and aunt were trying to get me to try aimspro at the time..........Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
JFH
Family Elder

Post by JFH »

Ellenem wrote:Hi John

What dose of simvastatin do you take and what effects has it had on your MS?

E
Sorry Ellenem missed your post.

I take 20mg daily but has it had any effect on my condition I dont really know :? My approach is to take medication, including Betaferon, and supplements that seem to me to be likely to do me some good based on some reasonable research. I turned down the campath trial because I didnt fancy the potemtial side-effects - but that is looking v interesting.

So far against statistical expectation (men diagnosed late are expected to become disabled quite rapidly) I'm doing reasonably well.
John
I am what I am
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Ellenem wrote:What dose of simvastatin do you take and what effects has it had on your MS?
I used to be on 80mg simvastatin. As soon as I got off rebif, and was only on the statin (and abx's I think), the tingling in my hands disapeared within about a month. I couldnt remember the last time that was the case. When I switched to lipitor, I could feel the tingling in my feet noticeably subside within an hour or two of taking a dose. This quick feedback left me with no question to stay with my switch from simvastatin to lipitor, and that the statins were helping. I felt the effect after taking a dose, for about a month or two.

I havent herd of anyone else report a noticeable effect within hours of taking lipitor, but i am pretty sure it wasnt a placebo effect. I was actually scared of comming of simvastatin.

Return to “Aimspro”