As you say on the LDN forum, you might well have PPMS, very treatable with antibiotics as is transverse myelitis. If you have only done one pulse of metronidazole, you might well not have had a reaction, but watch out for the next one. It might take you by surprise. My husband treated me and here is a link to a post he made on a different site just a few days ago about just what you are asking:
"The ‘die-off’ reactions seem to depend on a number of factors.
Metronidazole’s active metabolites sever bacterial DNA at the AT bond. A critical number of these bonds have to be broken before bacteria die and release their endotoxinsi. In my case, the first pulse of metronidazole did nothing; the second pulse made the earth move.
The second consideration is the bacterial loadi. People with multisystem problems do seem likely to have a high bacterial load and often seem to have unpleasant ‘die-off’ reactions. Others may have a more restricted bacterial load and have very few reactions.
The third consideration is that of personal susceptibility to bacterial endotoxins; some individuals react much more strongly to neisserial endotoxins than others, and it would be reasonable to think that this variation would apply to chlamydial endotoxins as well. (Chlamydial endotoxins are very much weaker than neisserial and enterobacterial endotoxins.)
So - one might conclude by saying that if you experience ‘die-off’ reactions, that’s great; if you don’t, that’s even better."
The site might be quite useful for you to join: http://www.CPn Help.org/
It deals with many of the diseases caused by Cpn.
Incidentally, please click on the link and then make a note of the site's real address, because it gets changed here.......................Sarah