Treatment end point?

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Treatment end point?

Post by CureOrBust »

This is more i guess out of interest, as it is getting a bit ahead of myself. I have failed to actually read anything explicit on it from the various protocols.

If CPn infection has a high chance of false negatives, how are you planning on deciding what the end point is for your treatment is? or do you see this as a treatment for the rest of your life?
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

I stopped full-time treatment after one year, but still take booster doses of two weeks every two months, working on to every three months, then gradually extending this. To be on the safe side, I guess that you might have to do something like this forever, until better drugs come along, but you should be able to go eventually for quite a few months.

Sarah :wink:
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I guess a related question, is, how long would it take a CPn infection to re-build itself to a point where it could make the same effect (ie MS attack)?

Is there any scientific evidence for this time frame?
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

I was wondering the same thing, in an idle moment, and I would think, as we are now aware how to keep the blood-brain barrier up with vitamins, etc., that (logically) we would not again be allowing cpn into our brains, so the MS aspect 'should' be moot.
That, of course, assumes we manage to kill all the cpn currently residing inside our brains. No guarantee of that, since just one could blossom into a full-scale problem again. Like Sarah, I think I will be doing this treatment, albeit intermittently, for the rest of my life.
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
LifeontheIce
Family Elder

Post by LifeontheIce »

I am prepared to continue the protocol until I decide that my brain is what it used to be, which could mean indefinitely.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I have realised, after posting the original question. Assuming that MS is caused in majority by the CPn infection itself, and CPn is the most common baterial cause of chest infections amongst the general population, then, even if one was to kill every CPn cell in your CNS, re-infection would occur quite easily from someone else in the general population. ie you would just catch it again.
sojourner
Family Member

Post by sojourner »

Hi there Cure or Bust,

I guess everyone is different. The change in my husband's need to eat has been so marked, we can't help but feel it's somehow MS related. Weird how he must eat prompty at 11:10 a.m. ,as well. He says he feels Frankensteiny if he does not.

I have been following this Antibiotics stuff for a little while but I haven't read about your experience on abx. How are you doing on the protocol? I'm trying to sort this all out and would love to hear your experiences.

Lexy