I eliminated my post

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
beatms
Family Member

healing crisis

Post by beatms »

Hey Sarah:

I was wondering if you went through some die off symptoms after you engaged in your treatment, and what symptoms you had.

Dave
beatms
Family Member

I eliminated my post

Post by beatms »

I eliminated my post
Last edited by beatms on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hey Sarah:

I was wondering if you went through some die off symptoms after you engaged in your treatment, and what symptoms you had.
No, I prefer to do things quietly. 8)
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

oregano and die-off

Post by jimmylegs »

hey there dave, nope can't say i've noticed anything from taking the acidophilus except relatively steady improvement.

when i first took the oregano you could say that was some die-off, but it just made my guts loud and i had to dash for the bathroom a couple of times. after that initial reaction, which i found more funny than anything and which lasted less than a day, i wasn't noticing that the oregano was doing anything in particularly shocking any more so i stopped using it and went back to the usual vitamins.

i think i have heard some descriptions of feeling low from ppl on the antibiotic protocol which in those cases could have been die-off reactions. probably not all on the protocol have a huge overgrowth to battle with.

i have just taken a bit more oregano internally - maybe it's built back up since i stopped before ... since i still have my cutaneous yeast rash i figured it can't hurt to address it inside, if it's present outside.

i put oregano oil on the rash last night, and vaseline today, and it was still unhappy so i just opened up one of my acidophilus capsules and put the powder right on the rash. we'll see how that goes.

other than that, where i got the oregano oil was a local health food store. and i learned about it at a local nutrition specialty store. don't think they would necessarily have it in your everyday pharmacy. the brand i got is called oreganol. http://www.p-73.com/oreganolp73.htm

ahh i can't look at that link now i have to get off this site and stay on task for my departure! lol!
beatms
Family Member

I eliminated my post

Post by beatms »

I elimimated my post
Last edited by beatms on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
beatms
Family Member

I eliminated my post

Post by beatms »

I eliminated my post
Last edited by beatms on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
beatms
Family Member

I eliminated my post

Post by beatms »

I eliminated my post
Last edited by beatms on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

candida clarification

Post by jimmylegs »

hi dave, i read (not researched exactly) that alcohol was a byproduct of candida also, but did not associate that production as a die-off, more as a period of high activity. do you mean that they go into frantic desperate attempts to continue when threatened. as in when you trim plants to encourage new growth.
beatms
Family Member

I eliminated my post

Post by beatms »

I eliminated my post
Last edited by beatms on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Dave, really, if I hadn't "dosed up on modern medicine" to stop my disease, I would actually be dead, or at the very least fed by a tube into the stomach, sitting like a useless heap in the corner of a nursing home. Look at some of my recent posts in the Regimens section to see that this is far from the case.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

drugs vs balance

Post by jimmylegs »

i think dave means dosing up on drugs without taking care to restore balance to correct nasty side effects, such as by taking the acidophilus to restore intestinal flora after taking antibiotics. just my impression, correct me if i misinterpret, beat.
Shayk
Family Elder

Question

Post by Shayk »

Sarah, you wrote:
I would actually be dead, or at the very least fed by a tube into the stomach
Quick question, how many months and/or years was your EDSS about 7?

Thanks

Sharon
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Hello Sharon,

My EDSS first dropped to about 7 in July 2001, when I had my last true relapse. It improved slightly after that for a few months, to somewhere between 5 and 6, then it just started to fall again, so by July 2003 was back to 7. I hadn't had any relapses since July 2001 because my MS had become insidiously progressive. If you look at this page, towards the bottom, you will see a chart which I made of my decline and then improvement since 1995: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopic-1345-45.html.

I freely admit that I still have a long way to go and I would be surprised if I can ever do 40 km treks again, but if I did a similar chart of my right arm it would show that it is right back up there, I guess because the damage hadn't been accruing for so long. Also my eyesight has thankfully never been affected, so much to be thankful for although I think science has more to do with it than anything supernatural, as beatms would have us believe.

Sarah
beatms
Family Member

I eliminated my post

Post by beatms »

I eliminated my post
Last edited by beatms on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

more candida talk

Post by jimmylegs »

hi beat, yes i don't think my candida story is quite as nasty as yours, but i definitely see where you're coming from. it's like the incautious use of the antibiotics leads into a candida related downward spiral.

i think i'm repeating myself here, but i think it's like a dietary form of alcoholism since one of the waste products is ethanol, right? so when you feed them the sugary foods they pump out the booze. and then you get hooked on it and keep getting cravings for more carbs and sugary foods. come to think of it i've heard of a book about carbohydrate addiction - i wonder if it's because of candida!

glad you found a way to get clear of it!

Return to “Antibiotics”