why do antibiotics and immonsupressing both work?

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: why do antibiotics and immonsupressing both work?

Post by jimmylegs »

when I was younger I had repeated courses of abx for 'infections' and finally, acting on a tip from a neighbor to visit a local alt med practitioner, probiotics (and uva ursi tea) broke the cycle. life-changing. my first step away from pharma.

I've only needed abx for infection once in the decades since. and i definitely used probiotics during and after the cycle. i think they are of value to anyone who requires abx intervention. I've also tried one or two antifungals over the last few yrs, until i realized my issues were linked to problems with my immune system.

now of course i use antiviral/antibacterial/antifungal nutrients for immune support, with great success so far :) what a relief! for whatever reason, antibacterial nutrients do not interfere with gut flora in the way that pharma abx can. i have a research abstract for that last assertion somewhere, will repost if i can find it again.
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Gogo
Family Member

Post by Gogo »

Loriyas wrote:Geeze Gogo, what do you want? This continuous bashing of the antibiotic therapy (and of Sarah) is growing tiresome. Not every therapy works for every patient. But a patient should have the opportunity to try whatever therapy they deem appropriate. There is a ton of research available for someone to make an intelligent decision on whether this therapy is the right one for them or not. You obviously have chosen not to give it a try for yourself. Good for you! But others may decide it is right for them. Good for them! But stop with the scare tactics.
No one is bashing anyone. In most of the forums here people share infos, research papers, etc on therapies. Here, I hear only personal experiences. That is very subjective and someone can not conclude anything from individual experiences.

Aren't these forums are for asking and sharing info?

I think the theory is interesting and there are papers about it. However, I read nothing on how Cpn is related to all those things that we already know about the different types of MS. Cpn can not be detected in MS patients, so I assume the only thing that might help determine who benefits from the therapy is the well documented experience of the doctors. Don't you think that someone should be interested in whether he might benefit from a treatment or not before starting it?

If anyone has info from doctors or recent research papers, why does not she/he share it here? You can not try all the different therapies, angioplasty, abx for Cpn, abx for lyme, stem cells, etc. based on very different theories.
I remember the time when angioplasty was the cure for MS. :)

You are all just arguing instead giving any info. Don't you think you would help much more people with that? You can post a short paper on the protocol and what and how to take and that it is. As far as I read the posts here
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

As far as posting a short paper and a critique and a how to go about it, well.... no. But you can read all about it for yourself HERE:
CPn Help/?q=multiple_sclerosis_resear
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Gogo, if you read both the post quoted by Mackintosh and this, which I have posted many times: http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html you will see that it is quite untrue when you say that cpn can't be detected in MS patients and I'm not just talking about myself here: it has been found in patients at Vanderbilt in a very large percentage.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

guys I think this is officially going in circles, can we agree to disagree? thanks in advance.
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Gogo
Family Member

Post by Gogo »

jimmylegs wrote:guys I think this is officially going in circles, can we agree to disagree? thanks in advance.
Hi Jimmy,
that is too bad if we are going in circles. :) I am just trying to be critical to understand how abx treatment works on MS and try to see the connections what neuros already know about the disease and what has been dicovered by Dr Wheldon and at Vanderbilt. It is a tremendous thing if abx works but we can not base a treatment only on hypothesis and belief.
So, I am just asking those who have any papers or info from doctors who has wide experience with treating MS patients with abx to share that with us instead of calling names.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

http://www.thisisms.com/forum/site-supp ... ml#p146864

ThisIsMS does not exist to be any particular individual's soapbox from which to conduct a battle. It is not a sporting arena. Flame wars and other antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. There are other newsgroups and forums where such activity is acceptable. However, it will not be tolerated at ThisIsMS. Where appropriate, as deemed by the forum administrator and the forum moderators, a single warning will be issued and accounts will be closed without prior notice upon continuation of such activity.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

Gogo wrote:I am just trying to be critical to understand how abx treatment works on MS and try to see the connections what neuros already know about the disease and what has been dicovered by Dr Wheldon and at Vanderbilt.
Yes, a critical analysis of all of the theories regarding MS benefits us all.
Liberation
Family Elder

Post by Liberation »

Last edited by Liberation on Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

what's your current supplement regimen lib? I can definitely send info your way, but would like to know what you're already doing. diet info would be useful also. three day food fluid pharma and supplements info, if you can. i'll look for gaps/conflicts that could be contributing to infection rates.