NAC bad for the heart

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
driverd

Re: NAC bad for the heart

Post by driverd »

Anecdote wrote:A very bad start to the new year but are you sure it was NAC and not something else you wee taking? Or might it have been a bad batch|: where did you get it from? I say this because I take 1000mg a day and have done for several years. I have no problems with it.

Sarah
The seller hasn't answered to me yet but it is a reknown seller and I ordered many other things from this shop which doesn't cause adverse effects.
Maybe there was an interaction with something else? I already took NAC several times, sometimes 1000mg a day with no problems but this time I don't understand?????????
I still have the bag of powder but I'm so scared to take it again :lol:
Where do you buy your NAC?
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

A thought: might it be the powder form of NAC? I have always taken the tabet for, which must dissolve more slowly. I generally buy Source Naturals’ 1000mg tablets from Vitacost. Why not try the tablets but in a smaller dosage for starters.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
ceuazul

Post by ceuazul »

I´ve read in another forum that some people may have some type of (bad) reaction if they take NAC sporadically, but not if it is taken daily.
Not sure why.
I had different types of reactions with different types of NAC. First (the sugarly type used for chest clearing) gave me an excellent reaction, except for the teeth and glucose levels...); the second, a Brazil pharmacy lab prepared, in capsules, a bad reaction with headaches and flatness/deppressive mood; and the third, which I am taking now, is from the USA and powdered, and at first it also gave me headaches and flatness/depressive mood.
Then, I went down from 2400 mg (divided in two doses) to 600 mg or less once a day, and then went up to 1200 mg in two doses, and up.
Today I took 2400 mg, in two doses.
I did have some reaction in my chest (?), when bending over, today, two times, hours after the first dose. Some kind of pain on the lower left side of the chest.
However, it is gone now, and after what I read here, I feel pretty comfortable in continuing. Since, again, the great (good) reaction I had initially from the sugarly brand, is back.
I take NAC for sleep cycle, racing thoughts/mania/ocd, decisions. It is life-changing.
ceuazul

Post by ceuazul »

Now, two months later, I decided to go down from 2400mg in doses of 1200 mg to 1600 mg in 2 doses of 800 mg, two times a day and may go down to once a day. The first reason to doing so, was that I was unable to continue taking Niacin at 3 grs a day after I started NAC.
So, I decied to go down on NAC and go up on Niacin.
I take the powder form, from NutriVita.
I got to this thread because of racing heart in the last few days; so, this became a second reason to go down a bit more.
However, from what I read here, this could be related to a bacteria infection which I have been having smptoms from, the last days (?).
In this case NAC is helping me to get rid of it(?).

Otherwise, I am still happy with NAC.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

Have you ever had a good strong niacin flush, that goes all the way down to your toes :?: If so, did it help any of your symptoms :?: I occasionally do a niacin flush with 500 mg of (regular) niacin on an empty stomach and It greatly reduces my spasticity, clears my head, improves my vision and on and on. So, for about 20 to 30 minutes I am a relative Superman. And I'm not the only one who transforms during a niacin flush.
ceuazul

Post by ceuazul »

Yes (THX1138), sometimes, I still have them, and I love them.
I take it daily, though, so I have less of it; and it is not good when I take it less, or start skipping it.

When you take it daily, you should not take it on an empty stomach, though.
I take Niacin with Vitamin C. I take NAC (this, on an empty stomach) about 1 hr before Niacin.