first of all this is not a plasebo effect
from aug 16 until aug 31 i felt awesome on 100mg doxy
had the bump with NAC
i expected to breeze through the next 100mg doxy added
NOT HAPPENING
i woke up a little more sore than usual because of the weather
but an hour after upping my dose of doxy
my arms and left hand are in agony and my back ribs
it is actually so bad my husband wants to know if i want to smoke mj in the afternoon instead of at night
can't do it i can be a rebel but not that much
if pain is my main issue will this continue
my left arm and hand have been in spasm since july 2005 during my prednisone nightmare they have never recovered just different degrees of pain weird painful tingling in elbows and hands
if this is a good thing OK i'll suck it up but if i'm just going crazy?
shell
Dovechick
Family Elder

Post by Dovechick »

Shell, I feel your distress... I don't have MS but my daughter has and I suffer nearly as much for her as she does. It is so hard to keep hoping and positive when you are in pain...
Things do get better but it takes time. If upping the dose of Doxy is what brought you increased pain then I should take it down again and wait a little longer before you increase it again. It might be an idea to look into ways of getting rid of the toxins also. Activated Charcoal is said to be a good means of reducing the toxin induced porphyria. Also some people do a Vic C flush which I find practically impossible to do because of my bad gut.
Basically what you are doing using either of these methods is removing the toxins from your gut. The charcoal soaks them up, so you have to take it when your stomach is empty most people I know take it through the night when they wake for a wee... The vitamin C flush is best done during the day because you are going to need the toilet. Read about it here: http://vitamins-today.com/c_flush.html
Hang on in there.
Michele :(
mom10789
Family Elder

Post by mom10789 »

even if it is just my arms
i'm bed riddon are those flushes hard
shell
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Oh, Shell, I should go back to 100mg of doxy for a while: anything above 50mg is a pharmacological dose. Other people who have had a similar problem have done the same thing, then suddenly they find they can tolerate more.

I should be a rebel just this once! :wink:

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
mom10789
Family Elder

Post by mom10789 »

thanks
you know i have 3 girls(20,21 and 23)
i preached no drugs no drugs no drugs
now look at me,whatever happened oh yeah ms
my husband will be alot happier
he is a walking nightmare how do you feel how about now
i love him more than anything but MAN
shell
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Its good to be married to a walking nightmare: it shows they care!

Sarah 8)
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
mom10789
Family Elder

Post by mom10789 »

yeah i know we've been best friends since we were 12 we are now 45
so i guess we'll keep each other
shell
Katman
Family Elder

Post by Katman »

Shell. it is easy for me to say hang on because I don't hurt any more! My pain iS ALL GONE! It took months and worked its way down my body beginning with my neck. It was truly agony, but it is all over.

You have done right with your kids, and seeing you using drugs the right way is teaching them responsibility. I have never smoked mj so I can't really give an opinion, but I hurt so much that I can't say I wouldn't have tried it.
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
MacKintosh
Family Elder

Post by MacKintosh »

Shell, I wish I had one of those kind of nightmares! The two men in my life when I was diagnosed both showed their true colors shortly thereafter. A couple of friends saw me through the worst time of my life, til I found abx treatment and started to get better. Now, I'm like the energizer bunny and you can't keep me down.

I vote for backing down to the 100mg dose, too. The idea is to build up and go only as fast as your body will allow. Remember you will travel back down the same road you came up and most everything you experienced with MS will be addressed again as the cpn is killed in those spots. The spots in your brain will experience die-off and the places in your body affected by those locations will throb or twitch or whatever they first did. The parts of your body that are infected, like an injured wrist or a bad knee, will likely ache or be painful, as they are experiencing the die-off of bacteria that lodged there.

Lower your dose and give yourself a break. And you can preach no drugs to your kids later. Do what you need to for yourself now. (Um, I took a lot of Aleve to relieve my issues, so maybe you can find a happy medium?) :wink:
The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems. Mohandas Gandhi