RFK's ABX Log

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Bobbie, I won't just repeat what both Mac and Dovechick have commented upon, but will say that you don't seem to have read the protocol correctly: you should take docycycline every day, plus either roxithromycin every day or azithromycin once every three days. Roxy and azith are both macrolides and I think you might feel more if you correct this error.

You note two improvements along with the worsening of mobility and balance, which in the relatively short time you have been taking abx is good, especially bearing in mind how you were before you started.

I would say that in three months time, rather than stopping abx you should be considering judiciously beginning metronidazole or tinidazole, emailing David first to ask his advice. He doesn't bite: I'm married to him so I should know!

Sarah :)
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Dovechick
Family Elder

Post by Dovechick »

Sarah, has drawn my attention to your protocol, I was remebering what you started on and did not notice that you had not carried on increasing the dosage of azithromycin:
As Sarah says:
2x100mg doxycycline daily
250mg Azithromycin MWF or 2x150mg Roxithromycin daily
3x400mg Metronidazole in 5 day bouts every three to four weeks.
Considering your reactions, you might want to hold off from taking the metronidazole until you are taking the full doses of the other two antibiotics.
you should take a combination of Doxy and Azi, or Doxy and Roxy continuously. This combination prevents the Cpn from replicating so it important to take these without a break.
Finally three months is no time at all on this protocol.

Michele
RFK

Post by RFK »

Thanks to all of you for the very helpful pointers. I will adjust my course by getting back on the daily dose of Doxy and 3x per week of Azi. Maybe I am experiencing more brain fog than I thought.

Bobbie
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.

Return to “Antibiotics”