loriyas antibiotic log

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
Loriyas
Family Elder

Re: loriyas antibiotic log

Post by Loriyas »

I realized I have not updated this in almost a year. I have continued to deal with back pain but not convinced it is MS related. MRI showed no new lesions and the one that is there is not active. Regarding abx therapy I restarted the rifampin and azithromycin as instructed by Dr. S at Vanderbilt. I don't see any reactions to either at this time. I will be seeing Dr. S for my yearly follow up in July. I will update this blog at that time.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Re: loriyas antibiotic log

Post by Loriyas »

For those of you who follow the antibiotic protocol updates:

I saw Dr. S at Vanderbilt last week. My most recent (July) MRI shows no changes or activity, which I am very happy about. So together Dr. S and I decided to stop abxi protocol and see what happens. I was currently taking only 2 (rifampin and azithromycin). So the plan is to stop azith and then followed by discontinuation of rifampin 2 weeks later. I continue, as I always have, on Copaxone. He also suggested I give Ampyra a try as my left leg is still weaker than my right. I will be keeping a diary to record any changes from both discontinuation of antibiotics and addition of Ampyra.