...oh, it's a bit scary

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
agatha
Family Member

...oh, it's a bit scary

Post by agatha »

Hi there
I started 600 mg NAC last week and started to feel very strange (chesty, sinus pain,nausea,headache) then since increasing to 1200mg two days ago my heart has started really pounding and I seem to be getting a fluctuating flare-up of a whole bunch of old MS symptoms.

From the bits I've read on the forum so far I expected something of a reaction but does this sound normal - I could use a wee bit of reassurance...
bw
Agatha
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Sounds like you are having the NAC reaction that suggests you are CPn positive. Have you been to the CPn Help website? Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Yes, thanks Ken - I've been to CPn help and realised a reaction is actually quite a good sign - I just got a bit freaked out that my heart was about to explode! - but it's settled down a bit now.

Thanks so much for your account of Kim's treatment I have been reading the story avidly (but in small chunks due to brain fog!)
bw
Agatha
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Thanks Agatha, I really do appreciate that. You can also read Kim's blog at CPn Help. We are here to help. Ken
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.

Return to “Antibiotics”