hello! minocycline question

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS
g123
Family Member

hello! minocycline question

Post by g123 »

Hi,

I haven't posted in a while, but I am still very interested in antibiotics & MS, as well as natural approaches.

I am hoping in the future to see a doctor who will give me Rx for antibiotic regimen, but I know that will involve some planning, work & possibly travel. I am considering starting Minocycline in the meantime.

Thanks,
g.
Last edited by g123 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

G
I started out on minocycline. After about 2-3 weeks I could tell that things were different with me and that is what convinced me to go with the antibiotic therapy. The doc I saw would only prescribe the minocycline for 5 weeks. So if you can get started with minocycline that would be great. You could then see how it affects you. I suggest that while you do that also start N-acetyl cysteine (NAC). That is part of the protocol and is over-the-counter.

Lori
g123
Family Member

Post by g123 »

Hi,

Thanks Loriyas. I got the prescription! 75mg 2x a day. I know the studies with Minocycline were with 100mg 2x day, but I figure this is close enough.

I will start NAC, and plan to read up on the other supplements in the protocol.

g.
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

Hello g - nice to meet you

I have been doing the Wheldon protocl for just 6 days so I'm new at this too. Let us know how you get on with the minocycline and NAC.
good wishes
Agatha
g123
Family Member

Post by g123 »

Hi Agatha, Good luck with starting. I hope it works for you. I'll report back with how the Minocycline and NAC are going.
g123
Family Member

Post by g123 »

I apologize in advance for asking so many question. I am reading a ton here and on CPn help but there is a lot to learn.

I have a prescription for Minocycline. Should I start the NAC first, and wait to take the antibiotic or start both at once.

I would think taking both at once would confuse things if there is a problem with one but I am eager to start the antibiotic.
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

I'm no expert but if it were me I'd get going with the antibiotic first. I think this is how Sarah and others did it. I did it the other way round because I couldn't get my hands on the antibiotics instantly - I got a reaction from NAC but didn't start feeling improvements until I started the abx.
Good luck
Agatha
agatha
Family Member

Post by agatha »

My understanding from Dr Wheldon's work is also that it is important to get the second antibiotic going as soon as you can after starting the doxy - apparently it helps prevent the little critters becoming resistant.
bw
A
g123
Family Member

Post by g123 »

Oh, maybe I should wait to see a doctor who can prescribe me both to start. I will get NAC either way.