desperately in need of encouragement and responses...Please

A forum for the discussion of antibiotics as a potential therapy for MS

desperately in need of encouragement and responses...Please

Postby Filmmaker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi all
First of all I have to say that I am really really happy I found this website as well as the very encouraging stories of people who chose the abx path:-)
I am 29 years old, I live in Canada and I have been diagnosed with ms last march. The diagnosis came after weeks of absoultely terrible headaches as well as painful sinus... Doctors first said it was all in my head... you know the usual "soma" theory... as all my neuro tests were fine, I was just sent back home. yet the headaches were just becoming worse, I started loosing wheight, getting panic attacks, anyway, you know the story! Then I decided to fly to Morocco where my parents live (by the way I am moroccan and greaw up there and none of my family members has ever been affected by any neurological or auto-immune disease... )So in a desperate moment, my father decided to drive me to a traditional healer who is absolutely always 100% right about the diagnosis... As soon as he touched my body with his hands he said I was starting ms... Gosh this was what I was most scared about... So 2 days after, we went to a hospital and got an MRI done which effectively revealed several lesions, mostly on my left side... As I was absolutely not satisfied with the medication currently available, I decided to pursue with the healer and he did me a lot, a lot of good! Basically my headaches, after 4 months spent with him, disappeared but then, new weird symptoms began. Now I have pain all over my body, on and off, on shoulders, knees, hips, sometimes back and also a lot of weird vibrations (like something is knocking inside me and travelling everywhere) and a lot of fatigue! I think fatigue is my worst symptom... I came back to Canada and read everything I could till I found the cpn theory behind ms and I remember that my headaches started right after a long respiratory infection that I let go without antibiotics. Eventually, I stopped coughing but the real problems began soon after... So I went to my GP and asked him to prescribe me the abx which of course he totally refused... So here is what I am thinking of doing:
- go back to Morrocco and get the antibiotics (there I know doctors who should cooperate:-) and spend few more months with my great healer...
But I am scared to death because when I read about yours stories, it seems like a hell to go through, so what if my condition becomes even worse than it is?... Knowing that my body is exhausted after one year struggling 24 hrs/day.. I do take all the supplements listed in CAP (NAC did gave me a great energy boost in the first days but now, it doesn't seem to do that anymore... However I did not start coughing nor sneezing. But my sinus still is painful).
Also as I will be in Morrocco, the sun level there is quite important:-) so I am worried about the doxy side effects (knowing also that my healer treats in open air...)
I know all this might sound a little weird but anyway MS is weird so I guess anything that could work has to be done! Thanks a lot, and I will definitely post my progression.
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Loriyas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:04 pm

If you haven't done so already go to the website www.CPn Help.org to learn all you can about the antibiotic protocol and the bacteria that is suspect-chlamydia pneumoniae. You will learn so much from that site and it may help you with your decision.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Postby Filmmaker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi
Yes I have visited CPn Help.org and read about every article or testimony I could find so I am now pretty familiar with the way to go, I am just still scared: :cry:
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Postby Loriyas » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:38 pm

Some people have a rough go of it and others do not. Overall I have not had overwhelming difficulty with the antibiotics and I have been at this for 1 year and 10 months. If you have started with NAC and did not find it too difficult that may give you an indication how the rest of the protocol will be for you. I obviously can't promise that but you will never know until you try! I know that you don't want to feel worse. I completely understand why you would be scared. But if you have researched this and have decided that it is something you want to do then all that is left is to actually do it. Believe me, I researched this all to death before I finally decided to make the commitment. I can tell you that I have never regretted the decision.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Postby Jes » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi

Ive gotten alot of information from this website too, not about abx though. Im doing the zenwa diet from there, i think it helps.
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm/fuseact ... pageid/650

I guess only you can decide if the risk with antibiotics is worth it, but i think generally the risk is low and the rewards high. If it doesnt work you can stop....I just try to educate myself as much as i can and then make a decision.

Jes
Jes

Postby Filmmaker » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Thank you for the info! I am definitely going to undergo the abx regime. Am I right if I say that due to the fact that I am still quite soon in my disease, I should benefit from it? So far I have no loss of function neither problem of balance so my real concern is: will I experience these problems if I take this treatment? I know no one has a real answer to this but has anyone experienced new bad symptoms? I have no problem accepting pain as this is what I have been through for so long, I just hope to be able to stay stable and keep my motricity at least at the level it is...
Thank you so much for accepting what may seem as "childish" worries...
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Postby Anecdote » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:55 am

Filmmaker, the fat that you are early in your diagnosis means that the treatment might be relatively easy. If I was in your position I would consider buying the abx online from a reputable place and staying in Canada rather than going back to Morocco. That way you should find it relatively easy to keep out of the sun for the first six months and after that you can use sunscreen. Although I am very fair skinned I never found it that much of a problem. You can then raise your vitamin D levels by supplementation.

I never experienced new MS symptoms after starting abx. In fact, apart from a few short steps backwards I did nothing but improve.

I don't think your worries are childish at all: just normal. I wish you all the best with this. PM me if you would like advice as to where to buy the abx from.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Anecdote
Family Elder

Postby Filmmaker » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:35 am

Sarah
I am so happy you replied to my thread. your story was the first I found over the internet so you can imagine how much hope you gave me. Thank you so much!
About going back to Morrocco, the reason why I have to be there is only because I am so alone in canada, I have friends t I live on my own, where as there, my family can take care of me, which I desperately need. I came back to Canada for few months only to settle some stuff in order to be able to go back. Plus, hopelly, I have some work to do there(let's hope my energy doesn't lower too much)... Do you think that I can use sunscreen from the beginning? Or maybe wear only long sleeves and hats and all that? never go out?...
Thanks again Sarah
Filmmaker
Family Elder

Postby Anecdote » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:41 am

Now I understand: I was thinking that you had work in Canada and didn't wan to have to leave!

If you have a typically Moroccan skin, the sun might not bother you that much, but long sleeves and hats are a good idea. A bad idea is never to go out in daylight: only Marshall protocol people do that because they are actively avoiding vitamin D, which is a bad idea. When I was taking abx even with my Scandinavian skin I rarely wore sunscreen in winter and I never burnt. Best to be careful, though: the sun can creep out and take you by surprise.

Sarah
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Anecdote
Family Elder

Return to Antibiotics