Aubagio

Aubagio is an oral treatment approved for MS.
DM
Family Elder

Re: Aubagio

Post by DM »

How many mg?
ajc

Post by ajc »

I've been in the TOWER study since July 2009 - and have been on the open label Aubagio since the end of December 2012. I have had NO side effects - either in the study or extension (where I know I've been medicated). I still don't know if I was medicated during the blind part of the study - not that it matters now, but I'm curious.
wildgoose

Post by wildgoose »

I started Aubagio 14 mg on March 4 and have had no side effects. I am getting monthly blood tests for 3 months to make sure there is no liver damage and then every 3 months. I feel very positive about this medication.
DM
Family Elder

Post by DM »

I have been on the trial since Nov 2007, not sure on what dose now but never had any sidefx and not even know if its working. Continuing on the traial til December 2014. Only sideFX is thinning of the hair
craftlady

Post by craftlady »

I have been on Aubagio for almost 8 years now and have had no side effects. (it was called terriflunomide in our Canadian study). My MS symptoms have lessened (almost non-existent). At the beginning I had some mild diarrhea, but that went away after a short time. I havent noticed any thinning of hair. I'm so glad this drug will be available to new MS patients!
Tdc0303

Post by Tdc0303 »

I am taking the 14 mg. Now I have. Runny nose and achey. I guess these are side fx.

Tdc
Tdc0303

Post by Tdc0303 »

On 14mg Aubagio for one week now. I am feeling completely exhausted and run down. Anyone else like this?
milica
Getting to Know You...

Post by milica »

Hello Aubagio people,

All of you are talking mostly about side effects of this drug. Craftlady is the only one reporting positive effect on her MS symptoms ( very encouraging to hear). So my question to all that had been on Aubagio for a longer period of time , how does it affect your MS symptoms? Do you feel it has stabilized your MS? Do you still have relapses? Anything that helps is good news...

Thanks
DM
Family Elder

Post by DM »

Haven't had any symptoms since the first episode back in 2006. Is the drug working/ Who knows? I only had the one episode, mild at that, and never had any other occurences. Is it the drug? Was I destined only to have the one? Don't know. I just keep popping those pills, ooops, I better go take one, almost forgot. And I don't feel any different whether I take them, or when I forget
milica
Getting to Know You...

Post by milica »

Thank you DM!
I also had an episode in 2006 when I started LDN and was on Abx for 2 2/5 years. No or minimal symptoms until recently,2 months ago. Honestly thought that MS is in the past for me. Now, MS is rearing it's ugly face again in a bad way! I have never ever been on any DMD's. My neuro is going more towards Gilenya! I will definitely discuss Aubagio as an option with him. Another 2 years for Campath and BG-12 to be approved here in Australia and I am afraid I can not wait that long. I hope others will chime in with the feedback..
be well
standingtall
Family Member

Post by standingtall »

I just recently began taking Aubagio, after having a big flare and being on Copaxone for over two years. Several other small flare ups with Copaxone, so I definitely was ready to try a different med.
Taking 14mg once a day, but only 16 days into it. So far I can't tell that it is doing anything except making me a little nauseous about 30 minutes after I take it. Nausea subsides about 2 hours after taking it, and it seems to help if I eat more when I take it. Avoiding any fatty or sugary foods, and I mean even natural sugars like sweet natural fruits. Overall, I feel like my symptoms are stable at the moment. But my progression was not that rapid prior to starting Aubagio, so we'll give it a few months or so to see how it goes.

Will see how it goes, but I definetly prefer this over a daily injection so far. Gilenya and BG-12 do not appeal to me either, and my Neuro seems to agree. For me it came down to Aubagio, or trying to go without any meds. I decided to give this a try for now.
kzombeck

Post by kzombeck »

Hi, new here but have had RRMS for 20 + years. Have been on Avonex for most of them. However been off Avonex for 4 months. Worried about not being on a preventative med. My doc is going to prescribe Aubagio soon and am worried about the side effects. Had really hard time with side effects on Avonex although they did improve to tolerable levels for the most part. Does Aubagio side effects lessen as well over time? I must say I am looking fwd to not having to inject! In 4 mo the brusing is just now going away. Would like to here from someone who has been on this oral med for awile.
standingtall
Family Member

Post by standingtall »

Hey kzombeck. Although I have only been on Aubagio for 6 weeks, it has not been bad at all. As I mentioned in earlier post, I did have some nausea after taking the daily dose. That symptom lasted for about two weeks, and now I do not have any side effects or symptoms from the medication. Overall, my health and particulary the MS have been stable since starting the Aubagio with no new symptoms or flare ups.
Aubagio side effects, at least for me, subsided quickly. I would not avoid this medication due to it's potential side effects. In my opinion.....Aubagio potential side effects are mild compared to the potential side effects of the other currently approved dmd's. Biggest concern while taking Aubagio is the liver, but it is monitored closely with monthly bloodwork.
MS one to one, the patient assist program for Aubagio is also good. They will pretty much assist with whatever you need, getting refills, lab work, copay assist, etc. They just called this past week to remind me it is time for another liver panel.
It is sooooo nice not to inject every day!!!
kzombeck

Post by kzombeck »

standingtall wrote:Hey kzombeck. Although I have only been on Aubagio for 6 weeks, it has not been bad at all. As I mentioned in earlier post, I did have some nausea after taking the daily dose. That symptom lasted for about two weeks, and now I do not have any side effects or symptoms from the medication. Overall, my health and particulary the MS have been stable since starting the Aubagio with no new symptoms or flare ups.
Aubagio side effects, at least for me, subsided quickly. I would not avoid this medication due to it's potential side effects. In my opinion.....Aubagio potential side effects are mild compared to the potential side effects of the other currently approved dmd's. Biggest concern while taking Aubagio is the liver, but it is monitored closely with monthly bloodwork.
MS one to one, the patient assist program for Aubagio is also good. They will pretty much assist with whatever you need, getting refills, lab work, copay assist, etc. They just called this past week to remind me it is time for another liver panel.
It is sooooo nice not to inject every day!!!
Hey Thanks Standing Tall
I will be starting this new med soon. Side effects can't be any worse that I had when I started Avonex.
standingtall
Family Member

Post by standingtall »

kzombeck wrote: Hey Thanks Standing Tall
I will be starting this new med soon. Side effects can't be any worse that I had when I started Avonex.
Have you started the new med yet? How is it going? Would like to hear some updates from Aubagio folks.

I am around week 11, although I have not been feeling great lately. No "attacks", but just not feeling well in general. Hopefully my issues are not related to Aubagio or it's protection or lack thereof at all. Checking some bloodwork to investigate some other issues, we will see.

Return to “Aubagio (Teriflunomide)”