aubagio with dinner

Aubagio is an oral treatment approved for MS.
reagan

aubagio with dinner

Post by reagan »

I am starting aubagio in a week or so if I get approved by the insurance company. I have been taking rebif for 5 years and always did the rebif around midnight. Since aubagio is suppose to be taken with a meal I wanted to take it with my dinner which is my biggest meal of the day and hopefully I would sleep through side effects like I did with the rebif. Is this a good idea or a bad idea? I found an old thread about taking it with breakfast but I eat a small breakfast and then I'm at school all day so I'm not sure if that would work for me. Any advice or person experience about taking aubagio with dinner is appreciated.
kaalo

Re: aubagio with dinner

Post by kaalo »

I have almost completed the third month. I take mine at bedtime and have very mild nausea as I fall asleep. I have very loose bowel movements every morning and I think I'd rather experience that early in the morning than later during the day. I am not sure but I think if I took it in the morning I would be experiencing the nausea and loose (and multiple) BM during the day. That wouldn't work for me! I believe my hair is starting to fall out.
standingtall
Family Member

Post by standingtall »

Reagan, Try it like you mentioned and see how it goes. It may work out just fine for you taking it in the evening. If that does not work, then move it to another mealtime. But, do pay attention to what you are eating at the time you take the aubagio. It may be coincidence or just in my head, but for me the healthier I eat when I take the aubagio the less side effects I have from my daily dose. As I mentioned in other threads, what worked best for me was a large healthy meal at breakfast with my med. But that just worked out better for me. I believe if my healthiest and largest meal was dinner, then that would work fine for me.
I have not had any BM problems related to the aubagio use. I am a little over six months into the aubagio regimen. Primary side effects have been a slight nausea within an hour of dosing, slight hair thinning around month 3 or 4 that has now stabilized (thank goodness), and a couple of times I have experienced flushing. Have not had that symptom in several months, so I am hoping it does not return.
Good luck with your aubagio, and if you have any digestive issues with it really pay attention to what you ate with it and try avoiding that for a bit to see what works best. One last thing, not consuming food with the aubagio was a major mistake for me. I would not recommend that, it caused major abdominal pain and upset stomach for me.
reagan

Post by reagan »

I took my first dose of aubagio tonight with dinner, around 6pm, and I feel fine so far. Thanks for the tips. Don't worry I do not plan on taking it on an empty stomach!
teeli30

Post by teeli30 »

I just began Aubagio and I take it in the morning on an empty stomach. So far so good no side effects. U take all my meds in the morning and it seems to work better . Idk if it's just me but my meds seem to do better on an empty stomach verses a full. I have do done both wats and I get nauseous with food and as of now I hope this method works better . No side effects as of the past 6 days and I'm taking 20 pills daily. Half in the morning and the other before I go to bed. It maybe worth a try and see if it works for you. Only your body determines your side effects not the post we read it just gives us info.
Goldeneagle

Post by Goldeneagle »

Hi, I've been on Aubagio since the end of July. It says you can take it with or without food. I take it in the morning without food and I don't have any nausea. I do have constant bowel issues which is a side effect. I don't think taking it with food will be any different. I know everyone reacts differently with each med. I also have been experiencing the hair thinning. Per my doctor and Aubagio nurse it should start tapering off. It seemed to be coming out more weeks ago. Have a good day.

Return to “Aubagio (Teriflunomide)”