I wanted to post this in case any one starting on Betaseron or considering it needs some positivity...especially after seeing my "Scared" and "Yowza!" posts.
Everyone's experience is different but mine so far, is that it's really not so bad! The first shot hurt like a mother and the side effects where present, though tolerable. I've only done 4 shots so far but for it to get so much better in such a short span of time gives me hope that this will just be a part of my routine, like they promised in the video. LOL.
I felt the side effects after the 2nd shot, and no side effects at all after the 3rd and 4th.
My tips to make it easier:
- Relax if possible. I try and lay back into my chair and take a few deep breaths if I get anxious right before. It really helps.
- Put on music that you like. It is distracting and somehow, mixing my Betaseron to the beat of my favorite song makes it less serious and takes the edge off.
- take 2 ibuprofen/advil 30 minutes before giving the injection
- use the icepack before or after if needed
- be sure to massage with the cotton ball afterward, it makes it feel a lot better to me.
I hope this is helpful![/list]