Betaseron Available / 45 single use packs

A board to discuss the Multiple Sclerosis modifying drug Betaseron
OlDood

Betaseron Available / 45 single use packs

Post by OlDood »

Hi, I'm a newbie to the site. My wife is the one w/MS but she is a confirmed Luddite so I do the computer stuff. Wish we'd heard of/found this site long ago. Anyhow, to get to the point. She'd been on Betaseron for about 14 years. Unfortunately over the last 2 or 3 years the tissue beneath the injections sites suddenly and completely broke down & it was no longer a viable treatment.
She is now on Tysabri (5 infusions) but we'll leave discussion about that to a later entry. We have 3 boxes (each w/15 injections) that we received last June (she had an unrelated medical issue that put her in the hospital for 10 days on 01 July and she stopped the Betseron treatment at that time & never went back to it) and we would like to give them to someone who can use them. Of course, doctors cannot recommend their patients for this due to litigation/malpractice issues. These boxes are "virgin" and are thoroughly safe (in my non-professional opinion). We'd be honored to donate these to anyone who needs them. We'll even ship them at our cost. We don't see the reason for them to go to waste. This stuff is EXPENSIVE! Obviously, we have to disclaim any responsibility once they are out of our hands but that's just to cover our butts, too.
Each box has 15 single use blister packs of Betaseron (Interferon beta-1b) 0.3mg. Expiration date is Oct 09.

Please respond to this note w/either contact info or reason(s) why we shouldn't be doing this. We contacted someone w/the MS Society here in Arkansas and no one ever responded. Even the Betaseron foundation wouldn't accept them back for redistribution. We understand that at a corporate level as well and we understand that no doctor could suggest a recipient.
Thanks,
OlDood in Arkansas

Return to “Betaseron”