did round 2 in march and angiogram for ccsvi in april

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
daytrader
Family Member

did round 2 in march and angiogram for ccsvi in april

Post by daytrader »

a one-two punch.....time will tell
mendesnelson

WOW

Post by mendesnelson »

Thats one hell of a one-two punch! Both potent approaches! I dont see the MS standing a chance against that kind of attack! Good luck!!!
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

Who did the angiogram? I was wondering if a vascular dr would do this with the suppressed immune system following a recent round of campath.
Last edited by ssmme on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcia
ssmme
Family Elder

Post by ssmme »

Are you in either of the current trials or did you get it off label?

Marcia
Marcia
daytrader
Family Member

Post by daytrader »

in trial......ya can't take any other disease modifying meds..angiogram is not on the list
k6ristin
Family Member

Post by k6ristin »

and what did your angiogram show? were you treated? (angio) i went to buffalo, ny for my MRV, am "due" for extension phase campath infusion, but holding off to see if there will be a CCSVI study near me. no vascular will touch me without study protocols, but still looking.
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

i have had campath as well upon dx, a year ago right after my first and only relapse and liberation 2 weeks ago. the campath regime i had was huge (i was on it for 3 months with a total of 230 mgs) i must say that it just didnt work cause i feel worse than ever. my brain is feeling poisoned more and more. no relapses but progression without any doubt.
hope liberation will help...
k6ristin
Family Member

Post by k6ristin »

It's been a year since this topic has been updated. Thought I'd say that since then, I did get treated for CCSVI (4x to be exact) and am now ready for another campath dose. Yes cam path made me feel pretty bad for up to 3 months afterwards but then it goes away and life goes back to "normal" The stents continue to hurt (bilateral int. Jugs both stented and balloons everywhere else)
CCSVI was exclusionary for the campath trial, but somehow, with my amazing neuro and diligent phone calls, I will be allowed back in. Tomorrow, in fact. 3 days, 12.5mg.
Between the 2 treatments, it seems like it slowed progression. I can still walk (very uncoordinated & not for long distance). As for all the other treatments, I choose campath because it's once a year, has good principle behind it's mechanisms. My brain MRI has been stable, no new lesions. But my spinal MRI has 1 new active lesion. The Genzyme/ care ms study does not call for any spine mri's. So I find that a little deceptive in their study reports showing fantastic percentages....they are only looking at 1/2 of the central nervous system!
All the best to my fellow MS-ers .