Lemtrada ‘a permanent therapy’ claims doctor

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Lemtrada ‘a permanent therapy’ claims doctor

Postby MSUK » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:27 am

Speaking at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers in Indianapolis, Indiana, Mr Samuel F. Hunter, MD, PhD, president of the Advanced Neurosciences Institute in Franklin, Tennessee, gave a presentation on outcomes in patients with relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS) treated with Lemtrada (alemtuzumab)......... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/lemtrada
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
MSUK
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Lemtrada ‘a permanent therapy’ claims doctor

Postby CureOrBust » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:27 pm

In CARE-MS I, Lemtrada was significantly more effective than interferon beta-1a at reducing annualized relapse rates; the difference observed in slowing disability progression did not reach statistical significance. In CARE-MS II, Lemtrada was significantly more effective than interferon beta-1a at reducing annualized relapse rates, and accumulation of disability was significantly slowed in patients given Lemtrada vs. interferon beta-1a.
Can someone explain to me the difference between "slowing disability progression" and "accumulation of disability"? :? How can one reach statistical significance and the other not?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby Anunymouse » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:39 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why aubagio claims that begin 7% better than placebo is "significant".
Anunymouse
Family Member

Postby NHE » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:58 pm

CureOrBust wrote:
In CARE-MS I, Lemtrada was significantly more effective than interferon beta-1a at reducing annualized relapse rates; the difference observed in slowing disability progression did not reach statistical significance. In CARE-MS II, Lemtrada was significantly more effective than interferon beta-1a at reducing annualized relapse rates, and accumulation of disability was significantly slowed in patients given Lemtrada vs. interferon beta-1a.
Can someone explain to me the difference between "slowing disability progression" and "accumulation of disability"? :? How can one reach statistical significance and the other not?

They are discussing two different studies, CARE-MS I and CARE-MS II.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby CureOrBust » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:40 am

Ah, that learn me for skim reading.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Return to Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)