First day of campath

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
freiguy
Family Member

First day of campath

Post by freiguy »

Just got home from my first campath infusion. I got to my doctors office at 9 and started the steroid drip. Aside from a really bad taste in my mouth it was fine. The campath started and it was going great until about halfway through the bag. A powerful headache came out of nowhere and I got a bad case of the chills and my legs and lower back ached. My doctor gave some meds to help with the problems and after about 15 minutes things got a lot better. I feel a little tired from the benadryl, zyrtec, etc. but aside from that the first day was pretty much a breeze. I will post day two results tomorrow evening.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

Hi Freiguy,

How exciting to be taking Campath! I hope you'll have great results!
Take care, Ewizabeth Previously Avonex, Rebif & Copaxone RRMS ~Tysabri, 31 infusions, ended 9/09. Starting Copaxone 12/09, waiting for Cladribine to be approved in 2010.
freiguy
Family Member

Post by freiguy »

I am very early in RRMS and really don't have any outstanding disability at this point. I have had a relapse that included severe vertigo, numbness on both feet and some bladder problems. The MRI of my brain is pretty unremarkable but I have two lesions on my spine. My doctor is running one of the study groups and offered the trial as a way to hopefully head ff any disability before it occurs. I reviewed the pros/cons of the data I was able to find and the treatment seems promising so I jumped at the opportunity. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Return to “Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)”