Campath round one 6 weeks ago

A board to discuss the soon-to-be released drug Campath as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
teague143

Campath round one 6 weeks ago

Post by teague143 »

So far no side effects to speak of and to be honest not real sure what to expect. I went into this without any real expectations. I just trusted my doctors to lead me in a direction that I assume they are certainly more knowledgeable about. Now I have found this site and am curious as to any stories pertaining to possible changes specifically in regards to bladder issues. My most annoying MS symptom is bladder spasms and they seem to be highly associated with anxiety. If I'm not thinking about it and am near a bathroom then I rarely have an issue. If the "out of order" sign goes up or the bathroom becomes occupied then I am commonly in an urgent situation. Has there been any recovery noted in any of your experiences or to your knowledge in regards to recovery of bladder function at least to a more manageable state? I feel ignorant as to the experiences of others with MS but until now have really been in denial and chose to pretend it didn't exist. Now I feel the need to know more about others and their experiences.
freiguy
Family Member

Post by freiguy »

Welcome! I am at month 15 in the trial. So far things are going well for me.
k6ristin
Family Member

bladder

Post by k6ristin »

i have this (anxiety) problem too, where if there's no bathrooms, of course i have to go. but when i try, i can't. i haven't had the urology consult. not too interested in the drugs for treatment. too busy :)

i have had 2 infusions, and am 8 months status post the 2nd. haven't declined, not cured. i should post an update, but as they say, when you don't post, it's usually because there isn't much to report! all the best...
teague143

Post by teague143 »

Well I'm 8 weeks post infusion and so far I feel the same. I guess I went into this with no expectations and although I still have MS and the cronic syptoms are the same, I am hopeful that this is the right road. I am pretty fortunate as compared to others and their MS trials, but I am certainly not the man I once was. I would certaimly would like to find better ways to cope with the bladder urgency. It is by far the biggest hinderance to a better life. I go for another round of Botox injections next week, but I'm not sure it really helps. It is so hard to be social knowing that my bladder could create a very awkward situation at any time. I like to think "I'm living with MS", but I undoubtedly allow my MS to control my life in this regard. I would love to find a way to control the anxiety that leads to my bladder problems. I'm looking into anti anxiety/depression meds, other bladder meds, I've even been told marijuana might help. I would be willing to try anything. I'm 37 years old and single and before MS throws me another curve ball I would love to learn to control this problem. It does make it hard to be out and social with the current complications. In my comfort zone I am fine, but beautiful young single gals rarely stumble by my home. I would appreciate any insight from anybody who has any success stories.

Return to “Campath (Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab)”