Nucca and when it goes bad

Discussion of chiropractic methods used to address multiple sclerosis symptoms.
buggs
Getting to Know You...

Nucca and when it goes bad

Post by buggs »

I have some issues with Nucca care, first it is designed to keep you going forever, and secondly when it goes well, great, but I have had too many times where it did not go well. When that happens instead of the Dr. admitting that the adjustment was wrong I get to pay to have things fixed and he says "it is the way your body reacted" Too much room here to rip someone off. I have had wonderful results from Nucca care but the guy I see is hell bent on having me go a minimum of every 2-3 weeks and he is now over adjusting me. I have tried to get a hold of Dr. Flanagan with no success, just to ask some questions about this care, things like where should the body measurements be taken from and various other things. I have sent him a letter with questions but he won't accept it, so I will post it here hoping that he reads it and answers. I haven't slept since my adjustment 5 days ago and now I have sciatic nerve pain (which I have never had before) running through my hip and down my leg!

I do have a couple more questions about my Nucca care, when I first contacted you I think I used the name buggs, you had said that my nucca Doctor should not rely only on the length of my legs alone. Well my guy does pretty much rely on my leg measurement, as a matter of fact the last time I was in to see him I was in pain in my low back as well as mid back, he measured my legs and choose not to adjust me? Anyway my question is what other ways can I be measured? I have noticed times when I am adjusted it is like a miracle and other times it is like there must have been a mistake made.

One of the other things that concerns me greatly is my shoulders, one is at least an inch below the other, sometimes more and sometimes a bit less. Either way after a year of seeing my Nucca Doctor my higher shoulder (left) kind of cracked and my shoulders were almost even for a week or so? I have been asking my GP since my accident in 1998 why my shoulders are so uneven. Even Nucca Doctor said when I first saw him that I will probably never have even shoulders as mine were as bad if not some the worst he had seen, he felt I had broken something either a collarbone or ?? and it would never be repaired, so I am thrilled to see that my shoulders may be able to be straightened, what are your thoughts on my shoulders?

As for my shoulders we have since done more X-rays (cha ching) and have seen that C1 has shifted or been put onto the other side, making it even harder to figure out how to adjust. I am heading back today and that is 150.00 dollars in 5 days to be put into pain that I can't get out of without spending more of my $$ and the Dr. just rakes it in while blaming me for the bad adjustment. So what now does anyone here think that regular Chiropractors help?? I need to sleep I have MS and my body needs to repair! I keep asking my Dr. to measure my shoulders as well as my hips and leg length but he is obviously offended when I suggest what works best for me. I should mention I am a Licensed Masseuse so I have some knowledge of the spine and nerves.

Any advice is appreciated Thank You
buggs
Getting to Know You...

Re: Nucca and when it goes bad

Post by buggs »

I have an update, back is now out at L3,4 and 5 from my adjustment yesterday, and my Femoral vein is being compressed, now I have two choices go back and let the guy who did this to me fix it, or go to a fellow that is 2 hours away and see if they can fix it? I guess I actually have three choices I could go to a regular chiropractor, I am incredibly disappointed right now and pray that this pain goes away, not to mention my C1 is out to because I cannot sleep and haven't slept in 5 days, nice.
Does anyone have advice for me it would be appreciated greatly.
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

You may consider reporting your doc to NUCCA. Dr lee yardley, president of NUCCA, says too many adjustments is just as bad as too few. His goal is to get adjustment to hold ( he has seen up to 10 years ).

It is still expensive, which sucks, but it sounds like your practitioner may not be following best practices.

I also heard you saying NUCCA had done a lot of good for you. It is encouraging to a NUCCA newbie that even complaining posts indicate some abatement of ms symptoms due to atlas adjustment.
buggs
Getting to Know You...

Post by buggs »

UPDATE
I no longer see that Nucca Dr. I tried to get into to see the other guy that was 2 hours away but his health forced him to close his clinic just when he was looking over my xrays. I am now looking for a new Nucca Dr.
yes jimpsull I did see some wonderful improvements and told my guy that as a matter of fact on Jan. 10, 2014 I asked him not to adjust me because I was feeling so good and he did anyway, that is when everything changed. I am still in incredibly bad shape, I am seeing a conventional Chiropractor for now as he is able to relieve the pain short term until I can find one that I feel comfortable with, or has enough experience. I do not really know what to do now because I am unable to find one that is certified.
I also spoke with Dr. Hasik at a conference for CCSVI and he made it very clear that I was being over adjusted every time after Jan. 2014, asked my NUCCA guy to call him but instead he just refused to see me and won't give me my listings so even when I do find a new one they will not know what he did to make me this bad. I will keep trying to find an answer that will work for me
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

Where are you? I could ask Dr Yardley for a recommendation in that area.

Jim
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

Sorry - just noticed your locale is Chilliwack BC - I'll see if Dr Yardley can recommend anyone.
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

Just looked up Chilliwack BC. It is less than 3 hours from Dr Yardley's practice in Kent, WA. I'll ask him if he knows of any reputable NUCCA practitioners in BC.

Jim
Jimpsull
Family Elder

Post by Jimpsull »

Dr Yardley recommends dr mike foran in the Vancouver area. His numbers are 604-266-1461 and 888-863-2537.
violin
Family Member

Post by violin »

Newbie, 2nd post...

NUCCA cost me $900+ for 1 day. So desperate I paid. Too ill to put energy into anything negative.
That guy said we would become very good friends.

I don't think so.

Did AO instead.

Return to “Chiropractic Treatment”