What exactly have been the improvements that you have seen

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Squibbles
Family Member

What exactly have been the improvements that you have seen

Post by Squibbles »

Hiya All

Just posting because I have plenty of time to think about CCSVI as Dr Simka has not yet replied to my email I sent at the beginning of January - I know he is incredibly busy and that people are now being told that he won't be taking anymore patients at present...

But I just got to wondering...having read a lot of the post operative patients postings...what exactly has having the surgery done for you?

Is it that the operation ensures that you will have no more progression/disability? Or does the procdure put right, some of the things that have gone wrong under MS?
Salvatore24
Family Elder

Post by Salvatore24 »

Hi Squibbles. Have a read of the CCSVI tracking thread : http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8346.html

There's only patient reports in there, no off-topic discussion, so it's easy to find the information you need. To answer the second part of your question, it is so far believed that this may stop progression. People with RRMS have shown better improvement than those with progressive, but we have to wait long term to see if there are any major changes.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”