CCSVI treatment in Sofia Bulgaria

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

CCSVI treatment in Sofia Bulgaria

Postby ak » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Hello,

My dad has MS and recently we have been in contact with Prof. Grozdinski of the Center for diagnosis and treatment of CCSVI in Sofia Bulgaria about having CCSVI treatment done there.

We were wondering if anyone else has heard anything about the doctors or procedure there or maybe had the treatment done there or are planning to.

Thanks so much,
Amanda
ak

Postby costumenastional » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:28 am

If ypu read through the posts in this forum you ll find out that the Grozdinski team has tested about 30 patients and liberated only one so far with good results. They didn;t say if all other patients have been found to have stenosis. Also, all of them were Bulgarian since foreign patients are scheduled to start being tested in April.
costumenastional
Family Elder

Treatment in Bulgaria

Postby pinksapphire » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Amanda,
I am going to Sophia, Bulgaria in April. I'm waiting for the exact dates. My husband has done research and is impressed with what he found. I have no reservations about getting it done there. I have complete faith that it will go well....

Karla : )
pinksapphire
Family Member

bulgaria

Postby kuruc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:33 am

what are the costs for Bulgaria?
kuruc

Postby costumenastional » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:36 am

Last word was 3000 euros for testing and 5000 for treatment altogether.

That was 3 weeks ago from the dr himself.

Of course the picture is constantly changing so...
costumenastional
Family Elder

CCSVI treatment in Sofia

Postby janettina » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Hello,
My husband and I are leaving for Sophia on 3 January. We have been researching CCSV for months and have talked to people with MS who have had the procedure. The results are mixed depending on type, length of time etc... we are cautiously optimistic that he will have some relief. We know its not a cure. We have been told the cost will be somewhere around $6,200 Euros. This is not flight or hotel. We are staying at Park Inn Hotel - right across the street from Tokuda Hospital. Check out this website for more info.
http://www.tokudabolnica.bg/en
Cheers :lol:
janettina

Postby Nasti » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:55 am

I don't know where you get the info about the no of patients treated in bg, but on the 5th june, when I was released, I was marked as the 159 patient. Up to now, my guess is that they've had at least 500 patients.
Nasti
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)