Post removed

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
eve
Family Elder

Post removed

Post by eve »

Hi y'all - I posted a rather interesting piece - at least I thought so - yesterday concerning the influence of cannabis on the BBB.

Now I might not have placed it in the right thread, as I could not find anything recent concerning the BBB, I mentioned that while posting in the general ccsvi thread.

So my post got deleted. I don't know why or by whom - was it in the wrong thread - was it not appropriate? Please explain so I will not make the same mistake again.
dx 2002,RRMS,  suspected begin of MS 1978 (age 10)
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Maybe try the general discussion (m.s.) thread with it? Or did it tie in well with CCSVI?
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: Post removed

Post by Lyon »

eve wrote:Hi y'all - I posted a rather interesting piece - at least I thought so - yesterday concerning the influence of cannabis on the BBB.
Hi eve,
If you click on "profile" on the bottom left of one of your posts, then click "find all posts by eve" under "all about eve" you will notice that there is no posting from you on the 3rd, which would have been yesterday.

Over the years I've heard two or three people say that their posting had gotten deleted or moved but it's much more likely that you didn't hit the "submit" button or had your attention diverted along the way, which is invariably how I lose posts that I think I've posted.

The moderators RARELY delete a post and they would have contacted you after doing it....if they had.
Bob
zap
Family Elder

Post by zap »

perhaps you hit "Preview" and forgot to actually submit.

which could be attributable to the influence of cannabis, itself.

:)
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

hahaha, no sorry it did get placed! I checked it. I might be a newbie on posting here, I am not a newbie on posting in general. Also coz I post something on Cannabis does not automatically mean I'was under the influence. I post on ccsvi treatment too but stilll need a scan. ;-)

The thread was first up on top (I posted it in a sticky) and later when I returned to the forum it was way back again in the list as no-one had posted anything in the thread for a few days.

So my post's gone - nobody's removed it - must be a glitch in the system?
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Most likely an operator mis-handling - It happen everywhere all the time - Sometimes without noticing.

Be sure no intentional delete was made :) This is a very open and flexible forum

Cheers!
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

Thank you. This is why I asked as I could not believe it either that it would just get deleted without an explanation. Plus it was an interesting article about cannabis doing all sorts of things to the BBB. I know there have been some discussions why certain meds would work positive with ccsvi/ms and yes, I have responded well to cannabis myself - it always made me wonder why.

I will look it up again and post it, maybe by that time I might have found a more appropriate thread to place it in.

But today I'm celebrating my son's 14th b-day, so it's not gonna happen now. thanx for your replies. :)
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

eve wrote:
The thread was first up on top (I posted it in a sticky) and later when I returned to the forum it was way back again in the list as no-one had posted anything in the thread for a few days.

So my post's gone - nobody's removed it - must be a glitch in the system?
Aha! I bet you posted on one of the sticky threads that IS moderated heavily, like the one that's for TRACKING only. Here's what that one says in the first post:

For the sake of keeping the thread neatly organized, we ask others to refrain from posting comments on patients logs. Comments outside of personal CCSVI accounts will be erased by the moderator.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

Could be, it was on the ccsvi thread (the long one with 60 pages), I did not get the impression that is heavily moderated but I might have missed that. Thanks.
I'll just try and find an appropriate thread.
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

eve wrote: I'll just try and find an appropriate thread.
The best thing to do with a separate idea to discuss is to start a separate thread for it rather than bury it in another established one. Many people only scan the subject headings for topics they're interested in. And personally, I rarely even glance at loooong threads. My brain gets lost in them unless I've kept up from the beginning. :)
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

late notice, but FYI it's here
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-9087.html

i could not move a single post to a different topic and still keep your id on it eve, i had to quote you instead.

also FYI posting an update to an old thread does not bury it, it moves it to the top of the list on the front page and in many cases, the topic is revitalized

cheers all!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
eve
Family Elder

Post by eve »

Oww thank you Jimmylegs! I am all happy know, you even moved it to a better thread. Grazie! :D

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”