Don't know what to do now about my trip to Poland!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Don't know what to do now about my trip to Poland!!

Post by ClaireParry »

On Tuesday I received 2 emails, one from Dr Simka changing the time of my doppler to accommodate his trip back from Canada and another from Marta telling me it had been cancelled. I've asked for urgent clarification but nothing yet.

My gut instinct is that Dr Simka is right and that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing??

I don't know now, it's so badly organised.......
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

Quick update - I searched TiMS for a number for Dr S which I found and phoned only to call the poor man at home!!

He was very gracious and I was very apologetic.

He confirmed he would be there and I feel much better!!! :D :D :D :D
Richardk
Family Member

Post by Richardk »

ClaireParry wrote:Quick update - I searched TiMS for a number for Dr S which I found and phoned only to call the poor man at home!!

He was very gracious and I was very apologetic.

He confirmed he would be there and I feel much better!!! :D :D :D :D
Claire

I'm glad your date was confirmed, and I hope to see you there. In confirming my date for the treatment, I also phoned Dr S, not realising I was using his home number, and he was very polite.

Richard
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Yes, and wherever that post is with his personal number, it should be deleted immediately, cause now it's been noted, he can expect another 1,000 home phone calls in short order after people get done searching the site.

Mark
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

I agree. It should. It was apost by Edser very early on. I will track it again and ask the mods to delete it.
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

RuchardK - it will be great to see some TiMs people. Hope we catch up.
pgm1
Family Member

Post by pgm1 »

Hi

When you spoke to Dr.Simka did maybe say that he will confirm appointments?and are you all getting the first price list?

Pam :)
ClaireParry
Family Elder

Post by ClaireParry »

I'm sorry Pam. I was so embarassed re ringing him at home that I just confirmed that it WASN'T all cancelled and got off the phone as quick as I could, apologising profusely all the way.

Claire
pgm1
Family Member

Post by pgm1 »

Hi ClaireParry

I can only imagine how you felt but i think Dr.Simka would understand

Pam :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

if someone will supply the link to that post here i'll edit out the number. if edser reads this first please just remove the number from the post, thanks :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
fiddler
Family Elder

Marian's number

Post by fiddler »

Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

done
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Richardk
Family Member

Post by Richardk »

CureIous wrote:Yes, and wherever that post is with his personal number, it should be deleted immediately, cause now it's been noted, he can expect another 1,000 home phone calls in short order after people get done searching the site.

Mark
Not so quick...please refer to my PM

Richard
Richardk
Family Member

Post by Richardk »

CureIous wrote:Yes, and wherever that post is with his personal number, it should be deleted immediately, cause now it's been noted, he can expect another 1,000 home phone calls in short order after people get done searching the site.

Mark
While I feel no need to justify calling Dr S, I think some clarification is in order.. I had received an email from the administration telling me I had an imminent app't with him, but no clarity as to dates, and this obviously was something to be determined ASAP.....there will be many situations where it is necessary for those heading to Katowice to confirm the details of their trip....unfortunately the email system to date has not been fully reliable.

Richard
fiddler
Family Elder

Simka's Phone Number

Post by fiddler »

RichardK, while I understand that people going to Poland need to have some emergency number until such time as the Euromedic administrative team gets their act together, the number should not be out in public. Perhaps jimmylegs, another moderator, or someone who is on TiMS often and has been to Poland can become the "keeper of the number", to be shared only with people who are imminently going to Poland. I have to admit that I saved the number to my European phone in case of an emergency.
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”