Colin

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Colin

Postby scorpion » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 am

I disagree with some of what Colins says but I think his arguements are well worth reading.

http://medicalmyths.wordpress.com/2009/ ... boni-myth/
scorpion
Family Elder

Postby Lyon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:32 am

Deleted
Last edited by Lyon on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Postby jr5646 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 am

I hope you are kidding??? is it a full moon or something?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73416633@N ... 355668679/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73416633@N ... 258206796/

My guess is oedipus complex with a chubby mother... lol

Don't waste your time reading this crap !!!
jr5646
Family Elder

not again?

Postby prairie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:38 am

Colin doesn't present facts, just slander and ad hominen (personal) attacks against individuals (Dr. Zamboni) and institutions (BNAC). My recommendation is that no one waste their time reading his nonsense.
prairie
Family Member

Postby ozarkcanoer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:39 am

scorpion,

I will have to respectfully disagree with Colin. This is a man who attacks the whole CCSVI hypothesis based on very little opposing evidence. He could very easily have written "The Spherical Earth Myth" or "The E=MC**2 Myth" or "The Earth is 4.5 Billion Years Old Myth".

CCSVI may be a dead end in the search for a treatment for MS (notice I didn't say cure. Dr Zamboni has NEVER said cure!). But what he and Dr Zivadinov and Dr Haacke and everyone else who is involved are doing is science. Why Colin Rose has chosen to attack DR Zamboni is a complete mystery to me.

Actually I wish Mr Rose would present "The Copaxone Myth" !!! They don't really know how/if it works, but it costs me $50,00 a year. At least CCSVI is a hypothesis that is scientifically provable or disprovable. But Colin doesn't give it a chance.

ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Postby lilsis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:52 am

ccsvi a dead end for treatment of ms? this doesn't make sense to me. this condition was classified as congenital based on the principle that affected veins are sturcturally different, at the molecular level. if the vein cannot be opened with endovascular therapy (ballooning or stent), say the entire vein is too narrow or malformed, there is still a possibility that depending on it's location, it can be replaced. my grandfather's carotid artery was replaced with a portion of arterial vessel from his leg. the jugular is large enough that a similar procedure could be proposed. other locations or missing veins are another story entirely, but i still would not say those folks are at a dead end as perhaps they will be able to have a procedure similar to a ventriculo-peritoneal shunt for cerebrospinal fluid management. dead end? knowing the actual factual cause is only the beginning!
lilsis
Family Member

Postby sou » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Bilateral congenital complete occlusion of the internal jugular veins as purported to exist by Drs Zamboni and Simka is incompatible with life.

I can't help commenting on that and his irresponsibility! This is my left IJV:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4 ... 2148490480

Can you notice that my left clavicle bone has strangled it? Can you see the malformation?

While I am not a doctor, I can assure you that at the time I am writing these lines, I am alive, despite the "incompatibility". I can prove I was alive during angioplasty: See the heart beating. Too sad, I can't prove I were not brain dead. :-(

If he really feels the need to impress people with his super knowledge, he could do something really useful, instead. But a visit to a psychiatrist would be a good and easy start, though.

The 100% life incompatible,

sou(r)[/url]
Shortest joke: "We may not be able to cure MS but we can manage its symptoms."
sou
Family Elder

Postby CureIous » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:39 pm

He loves the attention. We've just given him some more.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
CureIous
Family Elder

Postby Lyon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Lyon on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Postby mangio » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:12 pm

I think it was an excellent article. I want to hear and read many more
scientists ideas and thoughts about the CCSVI theory. Really livens up
the debate.

What are we afraid of? - some part of the theory being challenged?
Although probably many disagree with Dr Roses' critiques all science is open to this process and it's very healthy and very needed. txs.
mangio
Family Elder

Postby ozarkcanoer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:17 pm

I already have an opposing viewpoint : my own neurologist. But my neurologist hasn't made a personal attack on Dr Zamboni or anyone else for that matter. It will just take time to "prove" or "disprove" CCSVI, I agree with that. That is a more intelligent opposition. Colin is just arrogant and self-serving.

ozarkcanoer
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Postby Lyon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Lyon on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Scientific Debate

Postby fiddler » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Scientific debate concerning CCSVI is good. But the article is not scientific: its arguments are primarily based on innuendo, half-truths and conjectures, many of which have already been proven to be false, such as the "fact" that if CCSVI were true then "the heads of MS patients would look like the legs of patients with varicose veins, swollen, and blue with protruding tongue and eyes".

It would be much more fruitful to read articles from critics and skeptics who have valid arguments and can back them up with evidence. Readers of this article will a) either believe what he says because they haven't informed themselves or b) realize what a load of crap this is and get turned off searching for truly scientific arguments against CCSVI. Either of these results would be unfortunate.

...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
fiddler
Family Elder

Re: Scientific Debate

Postby Lyon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Lyon on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Postby scorpion » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:57 pm

"Scientific debate concerning CCSVI is good. But the article is not scientific". -Fiddler

Fiddler I feel the same way about Zamboni's article as you do about Colin's material. The good news is that it seems that Zamboni's hypothesis is being tested around the world so hopefully in the next couple of years we should know what CCSVI means in the treatment of MS. Thanks for saying that Mangio. A good debate is healthy but unfortunately this forum is about conspiarcy theories, petitions for this and that, and ways to make the people who have questions and doubts look like "skeptics". I would love to have an open debate in this forum some time. Maybe when the "leaders" of this movement are busy appearing on TV and the radio we can all have a good rational conversation??
scorpion
Family Elder

Next

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)