Back from Poland!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
greenandchic
Family Member

Post by greenandchic »

Algis - I can imagine I would have to reserve now to get that rate. I have no idea when I will know when to be in Poland yet though. I'm not sure how far in advance I will know...
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

i myself and going to poland on pure faith, no pre tests for me. it all makes too much sense to question my decision...poland here i come. the testing here is sparse and questionable. my month is june, its more money han getting tested here, but i et the procedure!! the end all be all. i can't wait :D
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

I traveled to Poland with NO pre-testing for my stenosis. I did know that I had circulation problems in my legs, so stenosis made sense.. I also realized that I would rather take the money to go to the doctor who knew how to test PROPERLY than to go to a closer doctor who would not give me a correct result, but would charge me just the same. Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
Nees
Getting to Know You...

Post by Nees »

Hi

I've updated my tracking thread, but thought I'd give a bit more detail here. I joined the gym a couple of weeks ago and after 2 weeks of Pilates and gym, I feel fantastic! Fatigue is a thing of the past, my walking is stronger and quicker. Coordination is still an issue, I tend to trip over my own feet if I walk too fast on the treadmill. And balance, I pick a spot near the wall in Pilates. But my strength and stamina are improving rapidly, and I think its only by challenging myself that new neural connections will be made and balance and coordination will improve.

The 2 big milestones for me, which tells me I now think of myself as health (albeit one that's not able to run yet) are that I've decided to come off Tysabri, my last infusion was end of March, and I've booked my round the world tickets!!!! Leaving in September, it'll be a minimum of 5 months. Its something that I was getting ready for before I got ill, so happy to be doing it now! Just 3 years late!

Hope you're all doing well
Shaz x
ikulo
Family Elder

Post by ikulo »

Nees wrote: I've booked my round the world tickets!!!! Leaving in September, it'll be a minimum of 5 months. Its something that I was getting ready for before I got ill, so happy to be doing it now! Just 3 years late!
YES! So happy for you. Where are you going?!
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

I am so thrilled to hear you are able to do your dream of travelling. I have a really dumb question and don't want to make a new post. Could somene tell me how to just quote part of what someone says instead of the whole thing.

Val
Nees
Getting to Know You...

Post by Nees »

Thank you!
I'm going to train it through Canada, then drive down the west coast of America, over to Hawaii, then to NZ, Australia, South Africa and home! Maybe... I'm open to getting waylaid!

PS Quote button is the top right hand of the post you want to quote
ndwannabe
Family Elder

Post by ndwannabe »

Nees wrote:Hi

I've updated my tracking thread, but thought I'd give a bit more detail here. I joined the gym a couple of weeks ago and after 2 weeks of Pilates and gym, I feel fantastic! Fatigue is a thing of the past, my walking is stronger and quicker. Coordination is still an issue, I tend to trip over my own feet if I walk too fast on the treadmill. And balance, I pick a spot near the wall in Pilates. But my strength and stamina are improving rapidly, and I think its only by challenging myself that new neural connections will be made and balance and coordination will improve.

The 2 big milestones for me, which tells me I now think of myself as health (albeit one that's not able to run yet) are that I've decided to come off Tysabri, my last infusion was end of March, and I've booked my round the world tickets!!!! Leaving in September, it'll be a minimum of 5 months. Its something that I was getting ready for before I got ill, so happy to be doing it now! Just 3 years late!

Hope you're all doing well
Shaz x
Image YES!!!

I can't tell you how much those updates mean to us, non-liberated.

Thank you thank you thank you for taking time and posting your continuous improvements!

You guys are our "data" and our "research"!