Anemia after CCSVI procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

i will, thanks :lol: jk
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

Magoo,
Best of luck to you. wow. I feel you. Enough is enough, huh?
I am wondering how much effect the Coumadin regimen may have on anemia? I know my Coumadin fiasco was unusual, but I did end up receiving 2 units of blood and I felt soo good after I got those units.
Having been anemic for years, it was like a great boost!
I have been told mild to moderate anemia can be considered a standard with MS. Anyone else ever heard this before?
I have had a few breast biopsies from mammogram concerns, but all have been good. I think all radiologists are on their toes for sure with so much awareness now.
I donated 4 units of my own blood for a spinal fusion about 15 years ago, and got anemic but some good fried livers and onions really brought those numbers back up!! It was amazing!!
You are in my prayers and thoughts. Rose
TFau
Family Elder

Post by TFau »

Just writing to add my best wishes on your appt on the 19th and getting your iron sorted out!

Why is it always something!
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Great news everyone, my repeat mammogram was just fine! I got in early and I'm so glad I can put that worry to rest. Thanks for all of the positive energy and thoughts:) (Beth, I see that I missed your call today, you are so sweet to check in)
Also, I am iron deficient, so my doctor wants to investigate whether the aspirin and Plavix may be a factor. My other tests were good. I emailed Dr. Dake about taking an iron supplement. If he's okay with it I'll get started and hopefully get my energy back.
Another good thing is since I increased my salt intake I haven't had anymore headaches and fewer dizzy spells. So all in all I am getting back to normal! I am so happy none of this had anything to do with MS or CCSVI!!!!!!!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
markus77
Family Elder

Post by markus77 »

thats great to here magoo............i just new everything would be ok... ; )
STAY REAL MY FRIENDS

dx 1989, spms
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Thanks Marko!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
berriesarenice
Family Member

Post by berriesarenice »

So good to hear this! I was worried for you.
prof8
Family Elder

Post by prof8 »

Rhonda, I'm so glad for the good news. What a relief! Just watch out with the iron supplements--they can cause constipation. So can calcium for that matter. Anyhow, my iron stores are quite low and I'm borderline anemic. There is a liquid iron supplement by Floradix that is not as bad with constipation. The problem is, it is a bit on the expensive side. Good luck!
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

:D Fantastic, magoo :D

ozarkcanoer
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Thank you so much for the support!
I hope the iron kicks in and I get my energy back because it is snowing and I can't wait to get out there and play!
Rhonda~
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

So I saw my GP today to follow up and looks like I'm in for some more tests. Cheer was on target when she asked about the Plavix and aspirin. I may have an internal bleed somewhere so I've stopped Plavix and I'm preparing for endoscopy and colonoscopy.....uuggghhhh! I wanted to keep this thread going for those of you taking Plavix and asiprin. If you are feeling off or extra tired, or dizzy, get your blood checked. We'll see how this plays out. Boy, am I tired of tests!!! Oh well, minor inconvenience when I think about how much better life is post CCSVI!
Rhonda~
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Oh boy! I am glad you got in early for the first episode... seems like you are good at that! If I remember right you got in to see Dr. Dake pretty quick too. I hope this gets resolved super fast so you can get back to making up for lost time with your family. Keep us up to date.
I am going on a field trip with my youngest kiddo's class tomorrow. Going on on the bus and everything! (I usually avoid that like the plague!)
Yikes!
Beth
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

magoo,

Sorry for all your problems. I had a colonoscopy last summer. It's no big deal except for the prep the night before. I hope things get better for you really soon !!!!

ozarkcanoer
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Magoo, wonderful news! I had been thinking about you this week. I will be curious how your testing plays out. Good luck! :D Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Beth~ I did a field trip this week too!!!!!!!!!!! My first one in ages. I am so happy to say I navigated the city and felt so good afterwards. This is a real accomplishment for us to be able to participate like this again, right Beth?! I hope you have fun:)
OZ~ I am already feeling such a burst of energy from the iron supplements it's incredible!! I have been sleeping really well again and just feeling great. I'll get the tests overwith and move on. Not fun, but necessary:)
Brynn~ Thanks! How are you doing? Your improvements have been good too, right? That is wonderful:)
Rhonda~