Anemia after CCSVI procedure

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
magoo
Family Elder

Anemia after CCSVI procedure

Post by magoo »

Hi Everyone,
I just found out that I have moderate anemia. I had been feeling very tired and having dizzy spells. There are more tests being done to find the cause. It is not my menstrual cycle, I don't have one since ablasion 6 months ago.
My question is how could this relate to CCSVI after treatment? I am afraid they will want me to take iron supplements.
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
Bethr
Family Elder

Post by Bethr »

Hi Magoo, make sure that in your iron panels they check your transferrin saturation % (tsat), not just your serum iron and ferritin. You can be iron overloaded and still show as anemic. This happens to people who are unloading iron by phlebotomy due to hemochromatosis. When there ferritin goes down, and their transferrin saturation goes up (shouldn't be more than 40-45%, if that). It's called being "Iron Avid". Plenty on the web about Iron avidity.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

hey Rhonda,
I don't think opening your veins would change your red blood cells...? Not sure. Iron deficiency is only one cause of anemia-- it could also be from a vitamin B or nutrient deficiency. Also, taking a daily baby aspirin might be causing a bit of undetected bleeding. Talk to your GP about your concerns and get some more blood tests. Hope you feel better!!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Urggghhhhh, just got a call to inform me that there is something suspicious on my mammogram. Well isn't that nice?
Thanks for the responses, I knew I'd get more information here. :):):)
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Oh man! I am thinking of you buddy. Keep us posted. Wish I had some insight.
Take care,
Beth
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

oh sweetie...hang in there. Good thoughts going out to you-
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

magoo,

I have had several friends who had "suspicious" things on mammograms only to discover that it was nothing. I bet you will be OK. I wish you all the luck in the world...

ozarkcanoer
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Thanks guys, I'm sure it's going to be nothing:) I'll get it checked out on the 19th.
I am just happy my increased fatigue has a cause other than MS!! I have been so worried. It's so hard to keep the MonSter out of your thoughts when you begin to feel bad. Dr. Dake was thinking about re scanning my veins to make sure they were still open. Now we can comfortably say there is something else causing my symptoms.
Rhonda~
Brynn
Family Elder

Post by Brynn »

Rhonda, do you take LDN? I have taken that for 1 1/2 years and while it is not as obviously effecting now as it was in the first three months, I have always liked all of the research regarding it's benefits in preventing and battling cancer. I don't really have concerns about cancer other than the general worry, but it seems like a nice security blanket. You will be in my prayers, but I also once had to go back for a second look and it was nothing. Yours will be, too! :D Take care, Brynn
41 years old, dx 1998, current EDSS 6.5
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Magoo,

In my 20's I had cervical cancer that my G caught from an abnormal pap, he did a cone biopsy that confirmed it and then he preformed the necessary surgery and my paps have been good ever since. In my late 30's I had another scare with a suspicious Momogram. I had the biopsy done and whew.....it was only a scare this time.

I wish the "scare" be all it is for you as well. My prayers are with you and your family and I hope the next couple of weeks go by without too much personal stress for you. It's the waiting and unknowing that's the hardest.

Lora
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

try getting zinc and folate tested also, they ought to be looking at those too if you're anemic.

zinc deficiency results in iron dysregulation and deposition, as i've said a hundred times if i've said it once.

and zinc actually helps correct iron deficiency anemia too, not to mention normalize your low ms uric acid level,
helps your body use vitamin A for your eyes,
helps mens and womens reproductive health,
is strongly anti-inflammatory,
helps improve d3 absorption,
helps repair liver damage,
can heal chronic skin ulcers too if you are zinc deficient,
boosts the effectiveness of the blood brain barrier,
tightens up junctions between the cells of the intestine so you don't end up with permeability or 'leaky gut',
etc etc etc

HTH
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

Lots of light to you Rhonda 8)
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

Thanks, thanks, thanks:) for the info and support!!!!
Brynn, nope no LDN.
Rhonda~
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

yw :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
markus77
Family Elder

Post by markus77 »

stay positive goodooking........ : )
STAY REAL MY FRIENDS

dx 1989, spms