Media Coverage on CCSVI!!!!!!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
nicknewf
Family Member

Post by nicknewf »

Is this The Current, from last night? I heard it on the radio in my car. Jock Murray's comments were ironic. I thought the piece was good, but it ended on a sour note; and certainly the presenter lacked the courage to do anything new. To put CCSVI in the bee sting camp or hyperbaric oxygen camp - ignores the fact that those theories were actually tested by testing the treatment - not by testing the doppler diagnostic criteria across 7 different populations for 2 years.
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Hi NNf.. yes, here's the CBC website link...

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2010/09/se ... odoxy.html

PART THREE

Medical Orthodoxy

For people suffering from multiple sclerosis, word of a new treatment called Liberation Therapy came like a shining ray of hope. It was pioneered by Doctor Paulo Zamboni. But for most doctors and MS researchers, it's just another in a long list of supposed treatments and cures that haven't gone anywhere.

on the same page.. "Commenting has been disabled for this entry".. gee, i wonder why?

rubbish... 8O
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

PCakes wrote:Following is a link to a VERY disturbing CBC bit supporting the 'cognitive dissonance' epidemic in healthcare .. Dr Jock Murray has a part. The goal may have been to get us to stop and think.. for me, the results were quite the contrary.. if i knew the way..i'd RUN to the nearest I.R. available!! yoi

http://www.cbc.ca/video/news/audioplaye ... 1595916437

30 minutes of 8O
after i heard that yesterday i sent this to The Current :

"when i heard dr. murray talk about all the MS cures like bee sting therapy or hyperbaric oxygen therapy i rolled my eyes and thought not this shit again . these were scams and always were . in fact due to it's relapsing - remitting nature MS is the most scammed disease and he knows this ."
PCakes
Family Elder

Post by PCakes »

Good job Erinc!..
fyi.. Cheerleader pointed out way back that a lot of these 'snake oil' remedies are known to have vasodilating effects making slight or temporary relief a remote possibility..

i hate it that they have the 'comments' turned off..no chance for rebuttal..
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

Grand Forks resident Misha Zibin had the liberation treatment done in Albany, N.Y., last June. After venoplasties failed, he had three titanium stents inserted into his left jugular to maintain blood flow.

The results have been nothing short of miraculous, he says. Still he needs medical check-ups every three months and 3-D Doppler ultrasounds to monitor the stents. His efforts to find treatment so far have been difficult.

“They have it in Canada, but basically they said they didn’t know how to do it. I was originally denied just a simple ultrasound in Trail and I overheard him (a doctor) telling a tech in Grand Forks that he’s got this directive from the B.C. government not to scan people with MS. I mean, that’s totally discrimination against MS sufferers. They do it for dialysis patients and others so why not MS?” said Zibin.

http://news.guelphmercury.com/Life/article/691170
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

erinc14
Family Elder

Post by erinc14 »

Are profits behind attacks on MS treatment?

But even as people with MS grew hopeful at the news, a massive resistance was building among governments, doctors, MS support groups and virtually anyone else with a professional tie to the issue.

On the one hand, it's understandable. Zamboni didn't do the double-blind, control-group studies that are required in countries like Canada. His theory goes against everything we think we know about MS, challenging the common wisdom that it's an incurable autoimmune disorder best managed through lifelong drug therapy.

On the other, what's this wave of resistance really about? More than 35,000 angioplasties are performed in Canada every year, 99 per cent of them without incident. Other than touting it as a potential cure for MS, Zamboni isn't advocating an unusual or dangerous procedure. So why are the MS professionals so resistant to even considering that people with MS might have blocked veins?

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/opinion/prof ... z10fwi1Sjb
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it
- Max Planck
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

- Max Planck
LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

Post by LivabirdsHubbie »

sbr487
Family Elder

RASSEMBLEMENT IVCC - RALLY CCSVI

Post by sbr487 »

Time Tuesday, October 19 · 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Location COLLINE PARLEMENTAIRE (PARLEMENT)
Created By CCSVI - IVCC

Go to facebook to see details: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155530277802055
- Max Planck
sbr487
Family Elder

Dr. Haacke's study

Post by sbr487 »

Dr. Mark Haacke (seen in photo with Dr. Zamboni), is working to publish a paper on the correlation between CCSVI and MS. He needs healthy people, between the age of 20 and 59 to have an MRI in Detroit. There is no cost for the MRI but volunteers have to cover their own travel and lodging expenses.
The 'controls' cannot be people with MS and they cannot have MS in their immediate family; they can be a spouse of someone with MS.

If you are interested in helping advance the science and understanding of CCSVI and MS please sign up and send me your name, age, sex and contact information. You can click'Attend' here on facebook, or send me your info at help@msliberation.ca

Please ask your friends and family, especially those in the Detroit and \or Windsor area, to participate.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Cooney
- Max Planck
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

LivabirdsHubbie
Family Member

one less to worry about

Post by LivabirdsHubbie »

one less doctor to worry about... things like this is the reason CCSVI is having such a difficult time winning approval

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11425435