Media Coverage on CCSVI!!!!!!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

I loved this comment!
"anonymous
1:41 PM on February 13, 2010
It's amazing a doctor prsents a possibe cause of how MS is caused by inefficent drainage of blood from the brain where iron build up can occure. A simple test can be used to find any blockages and another simple procedure can restore the full blood flow from the brain to the rest of the system. Aparently to simple .Because it was right underthe noses of researcers. As the parent of an MS patiant this is HOPE so is the thought of all that big research money drying up the reaso for this disgusting argument that will no doubt see more time and lives wasted while a bunch of academic fools argue evrey little point while so mane wait and hope for a cure or releif from the devistaing effects of thei life destroyin disease that could actualy be onthe brink of being cured or controled."
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

Zeureka wrote:
I loved this comment!
"anonymous
1:41 PM on February 13, 2010
It's amazing a doctor prsents a possibe cause of how MS is caused by inefficent drainage of blood from the brain where iron build up can occure. A simple test can be used to find any blockages and another simple procedure can restore the full blood flow from the brain to the rest of the system. Aparently to simple .Because it was right underthe noses of researcers. As the parent of an MS patiant this is HOPE so is the thought of all that big research money drying up the reaso for this disgusting argument that will no doubt see more time and lives wasted while a bunch of academic fools argue evrey little point while so mane wait and hope for a cure or releif from the devistaing effects of thei life destroyin disease that could actualy be onthe brink of being cured or controled."
Last sentence of this comment is very interesting :)

anonymous
2:03 PM on February 13, 2010

This comment is hidden because you have chosen to ignore anonymous. Show Details

From what I can understand, the MS Society of Calgary has known about this study for years. Why then in Calgary, who has the highest rate of MS can we not get the tests done? They say that Alberta Health Services will never cover the costs of the tests because too many Albertans have MS,so it would be too expensive.
The intelligent people at the MS Calgary Chapter recently told me that "if a cure were to be found, we'd be out of a job".
We must learn our limits. We are all something, but none of us are everything.
GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

I am trying to see if investor community is aware of the ccsvi and its impact on the pharma companies. So my search ended wikinvest which is prominently showing medpage link to buffalo study.

<shortened url>
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

Thanks Guru for the great links. Anyone interested to know more, have a look at the new TIMS UK threads on this (have amended my post since only saw now that there are 2 new threads giving more links and info).
Last edited by Zeureka on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

sbr487 wrote:I am trying to see if investor community is aware of the ccsvi and its impact on the pharma companies. So my search ended wikinvest which is prominently showing medpage link to buffalo study.

<shortened url>
Thanks sbr487 - I would say for an article being published by the MS Neurology section of medpage it shows that they are expressing things a bit more careful now! ':?' It's not too bad... Of course potential weaknesses by them pointed out, but they'll get their answers to those once the Full Buffalo results are published :idea: !!!
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
markus77
Family Elder

Post by markus77 »

STAY REAL MY FRIENDS

dx 1989, spms
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Not sure if this article has been posted, but its downright scary.
BTW, MS gets mentioned prominently:

http://www.rense.com/general77/inv.htm
MSUK
Family Elder

Multiple sclerosis sufferers lobby for research into CCSVI

Post by MSUK »

Multiple sclerosis sufferers lobby for research into radical new treatment - http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseact ... ageid=2954
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

16Feb2010 - MSIF News
Preliminary CCSVI results announced
source: MS Ireland, UK MS Society & US National MS Society
Researchers investigating if people with MS show signs of narrowing of the veins, causing restricted blood flow from the brain (chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency), have said they are 'cautiously optimistic' following the release of preliminary results. This news story has been featured by both MS societies and international media.

http://www.msif.org/en/news/ms_news/pre ... _ccsv.html
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

Ben Parker on BBC Essex again talking about CCSVI (12 Feb)
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »