Media Coverage on CCSVI!!!!!!!!!

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

Last edited by GuRu on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
We must learn our limits. We are all something, but none of us are everything.
GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
GuRu
Family Elder

Post by GuRu »

GuRu
RRMS Dx 07/09
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

It might turn out that a venous blockage does not play any role at all in the progression of multiple sclerosis.
I am just curious, how are they going to decide if disease progression is linked to ccsvi ... lesion count?

What happens if lesions do not increase, at the same time do not decrease too (since the area has degenerated beyond repair)?

I am also curious what was the criteria used before approving DMDs as drugs that are useful for MS
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

sbr487 wrote:I am just curious, how are they going to decide if disease progression is linked to ccsvi ... lesion count?
I suppose you're right, lesion count and length between relapses, although neither of those are as tightly tied to progression as previously thought.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
happy_canuck
Family Elder

Post by happy_canuck »

Dr. Zamboni on TV in the US (CBC):

http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=139889@wcbs.dayport.com
National CCSVI Society: <strong><br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/44znbct">http://tiny ... 44znbct</a> ~Website<br /><a href="http://tinyurl.com/3wzmkmg">http://tiny ... 3wzmkmg</a> ~Facebook</strong><br />
tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

Wow - finally something on a major US network - CBS!! Where is Joan's (Cheerleader) interview? I know CBS talked to her.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

tzootsi wrote:Wow - finally something on a major US network - CBS!! Where is Joan's (Cheerleader) interview? I know CBS talked to her.
This is a local CBS story out of New York (channel 2). I posted it on Facebook after it was posted by the National MS Society on their Facebook page (!)
No info on when the national news story will show (they filmed us in California and Zamboni in Italy last December.)
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

The interview was filmed at the University of New York in February when Zamboni lectured at a Myelin Resource Group Meeting. The ABC local affiliate was also doing an interview for the San Francisco affiliate - Sammy Jo was part of the SF story - the airing I believe was around Feb. 10th.

ABC World News was scheduled to interview Zamboni at NYU - unfortunately, the interview was cancelled because the correspondent was pulled to do another story. Last time I spoke with the producer from ABC World News she was still planning on airing a spot -- it has just been postponed.

Sharon
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

I am glad to see something finally aired on US TV. I thought the over all report was very good but I cringed at the end when Dr. Max Gomez did his summation. Did anyone else catch his (shudder) message? Terribly subtle it was,…. not! Lol. This is the cover your ass but straddle the fence position of a true politician, and Dr. Gomez performed it like a true pro.

Lora
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

Another one on Italian TV again: CCSVI nella Sclerosi Multipla. Servizio andato in onda nel TGR Emilia Romagna del 10/03/2010

Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

And on Italian Radio 3 Zamboni has been interviewed on causes, expressing congenital aspect and that some links have until now been underestimated, for example, he said, in every plaque there is a vein...

Also he said that success on improvements during his research was not necessarily linked to the fact that people had RR form of MS, but that more chances for improvements for people with less progression, as repair of already important damages more difficult.