Meet GiCi- interview with the BBC

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Meet GiCi- interview with the BBC

Post by cheerleader »

For those TIMS old timers, here is a wonderful interview with our very own GiCi, Dr. Gianfracno Campalani. GiCi is a well-respected cardiovascular surgeon. Search his name as author and read his eloquent posts. Here's his personal experience of the Liberation procedure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8510437.stm

And come on over to the CCSVI in MS Facebook page for lots more news and discussions. (Click the blue letters under my sig)

cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

WOW
heart warming story after meditating on the numbers whether it is 55% or 80%
GiCi full respect for this story with your real identity now. Your worsening after restenosis tells more than any number...
thank you very much! :)
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

I also say BIG THANKS for this article. It was great to read about Gici - I have always admired his wice words in here TIMS. Splendid bbc article and there's more weight in story, when we are talking about so highly educated doctor and MS-patient. Very good, story.
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
youbetcha
Family Member

Post by youbetcha »

I will be printing off this article and taking it to my vascular surgeon....how can he ignore this personal story of a vascular surgeon who has MS and is a well respected colleague?
GiCi
Family Elder

Article+interview

Post by GiCi »

I wish to thank the friends who showed appreciation for my appearance on national tv. I accepted to be interviewed in the hope to do something good for the common cause.
The Sun newspaper is planning to publish a two page article next week and I will probably be interviewed tonight. The paper is supporting our petition to the Prime Minister to encourage research on CCSVI (over 5000 signatures so far).
Regarding the Buffalo results Zamboni told me that the lower than expected figure is probably due to a learning curve. Jordan and Poland, in two papers soon to be published, obtained figures of 100% and 90% respectively.
It is quite logical to continue to take some immuno active drugs after the liberation procedure: the elimination of the venous reflux may avoid further damage but certainly cannot be expected to remove the trigger to immune response represented by the damage already there.
I wish that these swings of mood, from exilaration to black pessimism, stopped to be felt by us at every different reports: CCSVI is for sure strongly associated with MS and its resolution cannot be other than good. It may not be the only cure, but it certainly gives us a hope that did not exist before Zamboni's theory.
GiCi
thisisalex
Family Elder

Post by thisisalex »

GiCi,

here you go with the hungarian translation of your BBC report :)
http://ccsvi.blog.hu/2010/02/12/a_szivs ... baditottak

I think this is going to be a great topic for the media, because youre a surgeon. The Sun interview looks nice also! just go ahead please!

Did Zamboni tell anything about the speculation that maybe the included CIS patients were hard to diagnose in buffalo?

best regards
alex
berriesarenice
Family Member

Re: Article+interview

Post by berriesarenice »

GiCi wrote: I wish that these swings of mood, from exilaration to black pessimism, stopped to be felt by us at every different reports: CCSVI is for sure strongly associated with MS and its resolution cannot be other than good. It may not be the only cure, but it certainly gives us a hope that did not exist before Zamboni's theory.
GiCi
Well said.
prof8
Family Elder

Post by prof8 »

Thank you so much GiCi for being willing to go public and tell your story. I think you have made a HUGE difference already. We are so grateful to you.
JoyIsMyStrength
Family Elder

Post by JoyIsMyStrength »

What a terrific story! I could just see the two doctors talking about this not only as colleagues but as friends and, better yet, people who have experienced the disease either first hand or in Zamboni's case, through his wife. No arguing about protocols or putting up a big fuss. Just get this life-changing procedure through the hands of a caring, capable doctor, watch the amazing results, hugs all around...

*sigh* What a perfect day that would be!

Congratulations to you, GiCi!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”