Dunkempt Goes to Poland 24 March

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
dunkempt
Family Elder

Dunkempt Goes to Poland 24 March

Post by dunkempt »

I just got my dates for the Euromedic (Drs Simka & Ludyga).

Examinations: 24 March Treatment: 25 March

Dr Simka said in early December he'd try for March - no promises (since my brother and I going together). And I was getting pretty nervous. Anyone else know they’re going to be there?

I'll try to keep everything tracked here. Guess I don't have much else to actually say, except woo-hoo! At least I can tick it off the to-do list.

Anybody want to guess whether my MS clinic wants to know about it ahead of time?

-d

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
SammyJo
Family Elder

Post by SammyJo »

Congratulations!!!!

We will all be rooting for you, another pioneer!

Please post all the details on this thread you've started, and if you can, we would all be so happy if you can post your case history on the (sticky) CCSVI Tracking thread http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-8346.html

Are you traveling to Poland from another country?
RRMS '95 SPMS '02 | CCSVI 10/09 | Adult stem cells 2012 | http://www.patientsforstemcells.org/
AllyCanada
Getting to Know You...

Post by AllyCanada »

I would guess no they dont know, as I think we actually are at the same clinic with the same doctors. I have not told them as of yet either and really dont think I will be telling my neuro until my yearly checkup which isnt until Oct 2010. I am in Poland April 9th. I look forward to your updates...and congrats...

your fellow Canadian
Alison

:lol:
esta
Family Elder

march date

Post by esta »

hi dunkumft
congrats, its all coming together as more and more have to leave this continent. i want to get tested here in van at the UBC clinic, but...same thing as you, i'm not interested in being talked down to. i would think they'd love to see me pre and post poland, and my procedure there. i hope to just prove it all to myself and do the dirty deed (phone them), but my courage isn't up to snuff yet.
esta
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

so sorry for your name spelling, i had it and it left me when i was typing...
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

so sorry for your name spelling, i had it and it left me when i was typing...
don't worry! I was thinking of my hair when I came up with "dunkempt," but dunkumft is kind of funny too.

-d
acol
Family Elder

Post by acol »

Hi dunkempt

We should meet in Poland - probably in adjacent beds! Our dates are identical.
Nigel
Paccolina

Post by Paccolina »

Dunkempt, do you mind sending the e- amil address or other contact for Dr. Simka? It's probably posted somewhere here :? How long did it take for you to get the response back?
It's really exciting, I can only imagine how you feel. :wink: Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll be free of MS very soon.
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

Dunkempt, do you mind sending the e- amil address or other contact for Dr. Simka? It's probably posted somewhere here
Paccolina -

Contact for Dr Simka now seems to be handled through:

Euromedic Poland Patient Coordinator <info@euromedicpoland.com>
How long did it take for you to get the response back?
I got in touch with Dr Simka in the first week of December; at the time he was handling all this himself, and I got a reply within a day, as I recall. But I didn’t receive a confirmed date (from the address above) for about 2 months.

It's really exciting, I can only imagine how you feel. Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll be free of MS very soon.
Thank you for the good wishes!

I am hopeful a lot of my symptoms will be eased - and I am consciously making a bet that this has strong chance of at least stopping them from getting worse.

But I’m not expecting MS will disappear from my life very soon: even if CCSVI is the sole cause, my brain has been getting kicking around by MS for more than 20 years.

But at least I feel like I have a chance to start kicking back...

-d
dx rrms august 2009 (dx CFS spring 1988) off avonex after 3 months
treated katowice 24-25 march 2010 - best thing that ever happened - check tracking thread
dunkempt
Family Elder

am here now!

Post by dunkempt »

7:40 pm 23 March - my brother and I have arrived at Qubus with CBC reporter; he should be filing something tonight.

3 middle-aged guys, one blond, one dark, one with a camera, all tired you: should be able to spot us.

-d
Last edited by dunkempt on Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
treated katowice 24-25 march 2010 - best thing that ever happened - check tracking thread
Mathd
Family Member

Post by Mathd »

dunkempt
I cant wait to see the CBC report done with your adventure!
maybe it will help making things in movement here in canada!

It surprised me to heard that they're coming with you!! Media are so quiet here about CCSVI!!

We're all sending you good vibes
Keep us informed!

Good luck!

(sorry for my english, not fully bilingual yet!!)
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

from the Qubus:

tube-time is this afternoon, but have met acol. There is a very pleasant atmosphere about the hotel. It's a good place to stay; it's an interesting place to walk around, and the wireless internet is pretty good. They have now done about 200(!) patients, the director says about 50 a week - and they're taking bookings for 2012.

Met acol from TiMS already, but at this rate we're not going to be a small club anymore.

-d
fiddler
Family Elder

Taxes

Post by fiddler »

Hi dunkempt,
One of the things I was able to do was to get a written referral for CCSVI testing and treatment from my GP. It also stated that this is not yet possible to have done in Canada. This should be helpful if Revenue Canada balks at allowing me to deduct the trip to Katowice. What I'm going to have to remember is to get a good set of receipts from the clinic (hopefully with an English translation, though that is mostly important for myself to make sure it has all the key words necessary to make the procedure an allowable expense).

I hope that today and tomorrow go well for you and your brother... good luck, eh!
...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
eric593
Family Elder

Post by eric593 »

I hope all goes smoothly for you there, dunkempt!

It might help you too to ensure that they give you reports/scans highlighting the areas of defect and treatment and also provide you with reports in English. Others have said it was in Polish and the areas of treatment were not highlighted, making it impossible to understand the scans.

Please check in afterwards!

Sending you positive vibes and healing energy for your big day!
Rokkit
Family Elder

Post by Rokkit »

50 per week! WOW!

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”