My legs ache

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
greyman
Family Member

My legs ache

Post by greyman »

and are slightly more spastic than they were before. Do I walk too much (thanks to better stamina after the procedure) ? I walk a lot these days and - because of general fatigue subsided - I seem to ignore when my legs say it's too much and become uncoordinated. Should I be worried? I am a little because of higher spasticity. Yesterday was a tragedy in these terms...
Yes, I'm looking for consolation, but please be honest with me about what you think...
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

I think you should give it some time. Dont overdo things...YET ;)
Motiak
Family Member

Post by Motiak »

I think the most important thing is while the procedure (hopefully) will stop progression of MS, it doesn't necessarily reverse existing neurological damage. So while you feel like you can push yourself beyond what you could do before, your body still has damage that it deals with and will respond no matter how liberated you may feel.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I deal with this all the time. I know for a fact it's because I'm just doing so much more and often 'take it over the line'. I don't worry about stopping it, for now anyway, as I seem to recover fully by the next day each time I do it. Once your progressive, you really have to stay moving even if it hurts. Normal people may get tight sitting around, but we atrophy. It's so important to keep things stretched and moving so we don't lose them.
greyman
Family Member

Post by greyman »

Hey,
thanks for the words of comfort. My legs seem to be ok today, so let's hope for the best.
I don't want to start another thread, so I'll just write it here. I checked my iron and ferritin level and it is 75 ug/dl and 63 ug/l, respectively. Which means that neither is out of the line.
Isn't it so that, according to Dr. Z.'s theory, all MSers should have higher ferritin levels?

Rgds,
Adam
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

I think you need to get Transferrin saturation checked. I am still trying to get that test done! (my dr's seem to only want to do serum iron and serum ferritin)
greyman
Family Member

Post by greyman »

Shoot. So it seems that I'll see that needle again..
annbbe
Family Member

Post by annbbe »

Let us know how things look like!
Polish, 33yrs, dx 2000 RRMS, 2013 RSPMS EDSS 6.

liberated in february the 2nd 2010:). Currently just on LDN.
savouryourlife
Family Member

Post by savouryourlife »

So are mine!!! and I had the procedure done last Wednesday [10th of March]
I think they are actually worse then before the procedure and so so spastic when I first get out of bed.

my neck is also weak, top back near skull...

really don't feel so great post procedure.
Feb 18, 2010 Eco-Doppler Vaughan, MRV Frankfurt, left INT Jugular valve problem x2, RRMS since 1996, Angioplasty in Frankfurt March 10/10<div>Inclined bed therapy - 09/09/10</div>

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”