Azygos anyone?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gauchito
Family Member

Post by gauchito »

Thx coach
I am sure you will continue to improve as body contrinues repair process
As Becia says it was 25 years

Brainteaser: I think Zamboni reports 90% patency in azygos angioplasty far better than 50% in jugulars. My interest is mainly beacuase my main sympptoms are fatigue and walking problems. I understand azygos might be directly involved maily in the latter
alby
Family Member

Post by alby »

Look at my posting: http://www.thisisms.com/ftopict-10392.html

I had two stents, an so far no walking ability. Maybe it's too soon to know, I guess i have to give it time. One thing that concerns me is the location of the stents.
Opera
Family Member

Post by Opera »

Brainteaser wrote:Zamboni's work shows that azygos issues are linked to spinal lesions and walking problems. However, CCSVI intervention for the azygos seems more problematic than for jugulars. Zamboni, by dopplers thought I have a membrane growing over my azygos which is a birth defect and needs piercing by a catheter. A wonky azygos for me seems consistent with a giant and singular lesion on my upper spine.

Despite the degree of difficulty associated with azygos correction, Dake seems to have gone in there almost immediately and stented azygos viens, with success.

I haven't seen where Zamboni has supervised any azygos repair by angioplasty or other means but I could be wrong. Surely it happened.

Simka and Ludyga did not address my azygos in Poland. Bearing in mind that I was No.3 in Katowice, they were very cautious about taking risks. Since then, they seem to have done 6 azygos repair procedures, according to Simka's Hamilton report. It would be interesting to learn more about these - stent, angioplasty, membrane piercing etc and feedback on success/problems.

Phil

Phil

How are you going after the procedure? Pl give us an update if you can
nacho

Post by nacho »

Reading all of the posts on this thread make me want to cry with joy, fear, and most importantly HOPE. All of those who have had CCSVI procedures done are the initial ground breakers for all of us who are suffering and are hoping to get treatment soon. I thank you all and I hope you all get better.
aliyalex
Family Elder

azygos

Post by aliyalex »

i'd like to know how phil is, too. and probably 100 more would. aliyah

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”