Azygos anyone?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
gauchito
Family Member

Azygos anyone?

Post by gauchito »

I am following closely this exciting times for us all. Probably as most of you I am anxious to get things done and get rid as quickly and as much as possible of "our friend"
In that regard I see all promising info you are placing in this forum on the findings and subsequent intervention on mainly the jugulars.

Does anyone have something to share on azygos vein? I guess this one is directly implicated in walking ability.

Anxious to hearing from you! Thx
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Post by Donnchadh »

I am very curious about your statement that the azygos vein is involved with walking issues. That's a biggie for me. Do you have any research for this claim?

Donnchadh
gauchito
Family Member

Post by gauchito »

Just read Zamboni´s papers. It is as mentioned in there as jugulars. Azygos has to do with draining blood from spine. I am not a doctor but infere any lession or degeneration in spine would interrupt proper connection of lower part of the body (legs, bladder, etc) with brain.
Zamboni`s and Symka´s trials and papers mention intervention on both jugulars and azygos.
that is why i am asking on feedback re azygos
jak7ham9
Family Member

azygous walking

Post by jak7ham9 »

wow thanks perks my interest.love to see more info. barbara
mshusband
Family Elder

Post by mshusband »

I suspect Gauchito is right as well ... The Azygos definitely affects the spinal cord (and upper neck/small brain areas). Once the blood is backed up into that area of the spinal column it can then freely travel as it wants through the spinal cord ... at least that's the interpretation I've got from the doctor I've spoken to.
fernando
Family Elder

Post by fernando »

Hi Gauchito.

Nice to see another one from Argentina.

If I correctly remember, at least one member of TIMS was treated By Dr. Dake with a stent in her azygous. She was ppms.

Saludos
Daisy3
Family Elder

Post by Daisy3 »

fernando wrote:Hi Gauchito.

Nice to see another one from Argentina.

If I correctly remember, at least one member of TIMS was treated By Dr. Dake with a stent in her azygous. She was ppms.

Saludos
Did it work for her? PPMS is meant to be quite tough to deal with re ccsvi.
fernando
Family Elder

Post by fernando »

Daisy,

That was not the best example from my part. In fact she died from a stroke days after her second procedure.
k6ristin
Family Member

Post by k6ristin »

my doctor said from what he read, my stenosis is most likely in the azygous. my symptoms are mostly walking and my spine is riddles with lesions. (brain has quite a bit too)
sou
Family Elder

Post by sou »

Hi.

Stenosis at the T2 level of the azygos vein and stenosis of the left IJV at the level of the clavicle bone. We performed balloon angioplasty on both stenoses. Mostly my upper spinal cord and the corpus callossum are affected.

sou(r)
gauchito
Family Member

Post by gauchito »

Thx. I perhaps have same picture as k6ristin and Sou.
sou: is it appropriate to ask how intervention went and how you feel?
k6ristin
Family Member

Post by k6ristin »

btw, i meant to say my doc read: as in: from the literature. i haven't had any scans yet; just wanted to clarify myself :)
coach
Family Elder

Post by coach »

Gauchito,
Had scans and procedure in November. Dr. Dake stented my azygous and incompetent valve in lower third of LIJV. Have had improvements in sleep quality, speech clarity, energy levels. Still struggling with walking and balance. Also have fewer migraine headaches. I have had MS for 25 years and never followed a RR disease course. Asymptomatic for 14 years after dx in 1984. Last 11 years started with a slow progression that significantly increased in speed the last 3 years , especially the last year. EDSS before intervention around 6 or 6.5 (self-assesed). Don't know if this answers any questions. Just sharing my experience. Hope balance and walking will improve. Guess that remains to be seen. I'm just thankful for the improvements I have had.
Becia
Getting to Know You...

Post by Becia »

Thank you so much for the info. i am sure you will improve , damage was done over 25 years so you need more time. my spinal cord is damaged too , i will have the procedure in april and i am not sure what to expect.

thanks

Becia
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

sou(r) - are you my lost twin? T3 azygous and LIJV for me too - according to my cranio-sacral gal.

BTW - I dig your sig, Bonfires below deck, indeed! I hear that the Isle of Elbe is pleasant in Spring.

coach,

any chance of you posting on the Tracking Project thread?
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”