biogen and ccsvi

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Leonard
Family Elder

Post by Leonard »

Under the link below is the latest Biogen annual report on form 10-K, from December 2009. As I read it, the risk factors mentioned under Item 1A do not include or cover the possible impact of ccsvi. Can you believe it?!! I was just wondering how their investors will see this...

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/ ... 5e10vk.htm
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Biogen is supposed to keep the investors informed about the market risks. In my opinion, CCSVI is the biggest risk for biogen. And they have not informed this to their share holders.

If they knew it and kept it hidden, they are culpable ...
If they did not know it, they are incompetent to ...

I hope somebody picks this up and confronts them ...
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

I suppose you could protest outside their Cambridge, Mass. office, with banners declaring that they are not being fair to patients or their investors by ignoring ccsvi. That should make it a bit more obvious to the investors, and Biogen couldn't deny knowing. What do you have to do for that? can you just show up, or do you need a permit?
Mechanicallyinclined
Family Elder

Post by Mechanicallyinclined »

It's so interesting that physicians are willing to treat MS patients with drugs when they know that there are serious side effects with some of them. When it comes to diagnosing and treating restrictions in veins, the medical system says " waite here people , this could kill you!"
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Biogen may be presenting that front, but investors are worried. Go to Yahoo finance and look at all the talk about ccsvi and how it has people spooked. They can say what they want, but what investors actually DO will tell the tale.
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

At this point on the yahoo Biogen message board, people are trying to discount CCSVI. I believe we need to continue visiting the board and letting investors know.

Also, please visit here if you have not already done so:

http://ccsvivictory.club.officelive.com ... erest.aspx

Scroll down to the bottom on the Biogen page and notice the discrepancies that are on the Tysabri website as we speak!

cah, thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that last one, truly sickening.

In the pharmaceutical videos (link above), you will hear that they let, like 130,000 people die of heart attack while on Vioxx (I think this was the drug), before they pulled it off the market.

At least 50-60% (some think this number is more like 90%) of ALL people have the JC virus (dormant and harmless). Those with JC virus are at high risk to develop PML. This means that at least 50-60% of those that take Tysabri are at risk. It's just a matter of time!! The longer you take it, the higher your risk!! Yet, it's allowed to stay on the market!!

And, well, balloon angioplasty, that's just too risky...

If they are gonna play by the same rules, Tysabri would need to be pulled immediately, because it has not been studied past 2 years, yet people are taking it longer than two years and becoming severely disabled and dying! Are they gonna wait till 130,000 people die from Tysabri before they pull it? The risk is huge, yet, they advertise it's benefits.
muse
Family Elder

Post by muse »

Brilliant thread Vonna, thanx! I try to do my best on our German Fb-site. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Venose-Mu ... 7471578700
Best Arne
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Thank you Arne,
This is perfect! This is how we work together.

Vonna
sbr487
Family Elder

Post by sbr487 »

Vonna & others,

Have you seen this. Looks like lot of effort put in here and importantly this has origins in UK ...

http://www.multiplesclerosissurgery.com ... edure.html

Regards,
costumenastional
Family Elder

Post by costumenastional »

First thing my mother told me when we heard about CCSVI was : "my God i am afraid they will murder this Italian doctor".
I think this sums it up very well.

I am just happy they didn't see Zamboni coming on time. Now it s too late for them to react.
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

costum, Yes! I have thought this many times! I'm so glad the word got out in time!
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Sbr, Yes, I do have this site on the CCSVI Worldwide Victory site. It's a good one!