Do you know where your stents are?

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
alby
Family Member

Do you know where your stents are?

Post by alby »

I have one stent in my azygos, two ballooning, and looking at the x-rays of the procedure I couldn't see where the stent is, T1? T2? or where ever. i am not an expert and the location is not idenified, at least not that i can see. Does anyone know where their stent(s) are without guessing?

(i thought i had two stents, but it's one)
Last edited by alby on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ErikaSlovakia
Family Elder

Re: Do you know where your stents are?

Post by ErikaSlovakia »

alby wrote:I have two stents in my azygot, and looking at the x-rays of the procedure I couldn't see them and don't know where they are. Does anyone know where their stent(s) are without guessing?
Hi Alby!
I can see it very clearly on the CD from my procedure. My stent is in my left jugular - lower part. They also gave me some printed pictures and I can see the stent there.
Erika
Aug. 7, 09 Doppler Ultras. in Poland, left Jugul. valve problem, RRMS since 1996, now SPMS,
- Nov.3,09: one stent in the left jug. vein in Katowice, Poland, LDN, never on DMDs
- Jan. 19, 11: control venography in Katowice - negative but I feel worse
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

Hi! Yes, I know exactly where they are, what they are, size, diameter, etc. and I know this because I have a copy of the surgical report and post -op letter Dr. Dake wrote.
I keep a copy in my purse at all times. and I have extra copies to give all my MDs and anyone who is interested.
Having a copy ready for my other physicians to read and put in my file had been very impressive. There have been more than a few "WOW"s!!
So, I suggest you request copies of the letters for yourself and it is important information to have in your chart for other doctors and dentist.
I great ice breaker at parties, also!!
Sincerely, Rose ;))
alby
Family Member

Post by alby »

thanks Rose, i think all those who've done their procedure in poland should be concerned about it too. i've written an email to dr. Ludyga a few days ago and haven't heard back yet. let's see if he responds.

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”