We need your input on a very important decision

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

pegmegrund wrote:What about something along the lines of 'CCSVI - We're beginning to solve the MyStery that is MS'
I think some sort of "call to action" would be helpful as a claim. Something like "CCSVI - help solving the mystery that is MS!"
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates
cah
Family Elder

Post by cah »

Another quick thought: Such an event could be a good occation for dropping notes about CCSVI on internet places that have nothing to do with MS, as MSers tend to not looking on MS sites as they cannot stand reading about all those bad things happening to others (my personal experience). So on such a day, you could put something like

"Today is the ...(CCSVI-walk)-day. I want to take this as a motive to tell you that there's something big going on in the research of MS. So if you have MS, or you have a relative or friend with MS, please ask him to google CCSVI. Awareness and help is needed. Thank you!"

on comments in blogs, facebook sites and so on. Yes it's a bit of guerilla marketing and a bit of spamming, but if you don't overdo, I think nobody will have a problem with that.
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

The ball is rolling now and our collective creative juices are flowing! Here’s a couple more one liners.

Ask your Doctor if CCSVI Testing is for You

MS & the CCSVI Connection

CCSVI Testing coming to your town soon!

Have you had the CCSVI Discussion with your Doctor yet?

Got MS? Is CCSVI testing right for You?

Lora
dunkempt
Family Elder

Post by dunkempt »

slogan idea:

CCSVI: open the way

-d
dx rrms august 2009 (dx CFS spring 1988) off avonex after 3 months
treated katowice 24-25 march 2010 - best thing that ever happened - check tracking thread
tazbo
Family Member

Post by tazbo »

CCSVI...Fresh hope For M.S.
CCSVI...Get to know about it
CCSVI...M.S. finally has a friend
CCSVI...The M.S. puzzle gets a fresh look
cathyb
Family Member

Post by cathyb »

OMG...this is so funny:
"CCSVI...M.S. finally has a friend"

I think if I read that I would look more into it for sure, and it's so...well... friendly! :)

Also like:
"Ask your doctor if CCSVI testing is right for you."
The irony of this slogan isn't lost on anyone that watches TV ;)
esta
Family Elder

t-shirt campaign

Post by esta »

I love it
it solves the problem of us all. There are very few of us able to fight a battle, but wearing a T-shirt and handing out flyers is fabulous!
I am willing to pay for both a can hardly wait for the consensus on a T-shirt,
here's mine:
ccsvi-no drain, no gain
-don't sit back, get educated-we're closer than you think
esta
bohemianbill
Family Member

Post by bohemianbill »

This is great! Now how do we take this momentum and apply it?

Vonnan has some graphic expertise, does any one else?

I like the idea someone suggested the business card educational format.

Front of the card reads a CCSVI Slogan

Back is the contact information of the local ccsvi support group, important MS & CCSVI links.

T-Shirt is a must, would like someone to design a universal CCSVI logo for Hats, cards, educational Bulletins

Now steering away from the one page educational bulletin (worried about littering during the M.S. WALK) a business card is much easier to put away. But than again like the idea of putting one on every car window during the walk:)

Perhaps as someone suggested, lets be subtle (almost subliminal) about how we introduce CCSVI to the public Yet be educated and determined when telling the CCSVI story.

Costco sells business card printing and there is a Costco in most communities throughout North America (one example)

We need to create a committee, formulate all these ideas, come to a consensus, and apply it. Vonnan Need your help!

Keep the heat to the feet

BB
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

You Guys are great!

You have all given such great ideas!

I worked on an idea last night. Please remember, I didn't have all your wonderful ideas at the time, and I came up with my own. I don't want you all to think that I just tossed your ideas, and thought mine was better.

I'll post what I have, and we can go from there. I can change things up, no problem.

I am anxious to get this up and out there, so we can move forward.

When you see what I have done so far, you will notice I used Dr. Zamboni's scans. I DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION at this time to use them. Therefore, if we decided to go with something like this, we would need to get permission from the person that these scans were taken from.

Also, notice the blue background. It's the same theme as the website. The blue background with "wavy lines" is significant to me. I really think we should go with something other than orange, so that it will stand out! -Feel free to give your opinion on this whether you agree or not.

Blue is the color of de-oxygenated blood. The wavy lines remind me of how our veins look.

However, blue is also the color of a beautiful clear sky, where there is no limits. The wavy lines are an actual picture of what a jet left behind. A jet that was free of bounds, flying high, going anywhere it wanted!

Also, you will notice that I used the word "cure" (as if it's a dirty word or something...) I state "Support the Cure" - This does not mean that we are claiming to know the cure, just that we want to find it. The MS society uses statements like this all the time. You are welcome, though, to give your opinion whether you think this is appropriate or not.

Here's the link to the artwork.

http://cid-33aa83491adffaba.skydrive.li ... re-web.gif

Pam, thank you for offering to help with the pamphlet! As soon as you have something put together, e-mail it to ccsvi@live.com, and I will do what I can from there.

I can give you a password to get into the site. I'll work on this soon. If you don't hear from me by the end of the day, please remind me. I'm kinda going in several directions!

I need someone to help me with e-mail! I have 63 messages since last night! People who are willing to help need to be responded to in a timely manner, and I am putting everyone willing to help in a separate category... Anyway, I can explain more later, but would love for someone to help me with this. Cathy, maybe we could work out some sort of auto-responder or something...

:wink:

bohemianbill, I have read through your ideas and they are good ones. Did you send me an e-mail yesterday saying you would like to help, IF we were going to do more than just chat on message boards? If so, I started to respond to your e-mail and got busy with other things. Are you comfortable with adding things to the website? I can give you a password also.

One more thing. I need some volunteers to save the website as often as possible. This way, if someone who cannot be trusted gets in and erases things, we will be okay. Let me know if you're interested.

bohemianbill, if you can start getting the chapter information and dates together that would be great! Also, I do have a way for us to upload things that people in turn can download.

We also need people from the US and from all over to do the same in the area where they live.

dunkempt-I really like your one liner!--CCSVI: open the way

esta- This is my favorite so far! -- CCSVI-no drain, no gain--I love it! This would go perfect for the back of the shirt if we used something similar to what I posted in the link.

Should we have some sort of vote or something?
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Vonna,

Love the T-shirt design but I think I'd swap the Support the cure for the zinger from esta, CCSVI-no Drain, no Gain

Lora
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Lora,
I can change the wording if that's what we agree on.
What would we put on the back then?
We only need one good slogan. If you put CCSVI-No Drain, No Gain on the back, it would compliment the front so well.
Just a thought.
Would love to hear from others!
I want to move forward, but will wait this time for more input.
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

How about "Time is Brain"? (attributed to squeakycat in another thread)
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Would someone like to advertise this post to other message boards and facebook pages?
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

CCSVI-no drain, no gain
is great on the back
get a punch on the front and we're in business
i love business cards-easy to hand out and easier for the recipient to put away and run across later
and, yes the blue colour is strong and separate from the walk
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Just wondering if anyone else has input on this. I would like to start working on the business cards, etc... I want to hear from you first!