We need your input on a very important decision

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
bohemianbill
Family Member

Post by bohemianbill »

okay, love the last one. Front of the shirt should simply be

CCSVI
The Liberation
Treatment

isn't this what we are trying to convey?

imho

-keep the heat to the feet-

Now to really complicate the issue, had an email suggesting slogan

'going for the jugular'

brings the point home re stenosis

finally got in but had to cut/paste and remove [url]

Vonna 100% agreement is known as utopia it will never happen, sent you an email re please refer to it
Last edited by bohemianbill on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

hi vonna
the back is fab although i'd take out 'MS talk 2010'
the white is great, i guess it just depends on the price - blue will stand out!!

just go for it vonna, i think we all trust your work immensely...

but, thats only my opinion...
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

bohemianbill, How in the world did esta get in and you can't? Computers.

I really would like for you to see the design, so please try this instead:

Back of shirt proposal:

<shortened url>

Front of shirt proposal:

<shortened url>

esta, I wondered about the date part, then decided we should have it...Who knows?

I'd love to go for it, but since we all will have to live with the decision, I am trying to get as many opinions as possible. Meanwhile, I am researching suppliers, etc... I could use all input!

The white you are referring to is not necessarily an idea for a shirt color. I just put it online as a logo without the background so that is could be used for all sorts of things. However, if we decide to go with the new design, I will be pulling all the old stuff down so that people won't use it...

Just want everyone to be in agreement and be excited about the design so that they will be willing to promote it!
tazbo
Family Member

Post by tazbo »

Support making MS history or Be a part of MS history
For back of shirt. (last line)
I really like what's been done!
Rope

Post by Rope »

Back to Seanthecaper...posted March 2

Has anyone contacted Medical Ethics Committee(s) with the statement
"We believe it is not ethical to deny MS patients the clinical procedures to determine C.C.S.V.I." ?

Rope
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

I know that you have all been working hard here, and I am sorry to butt in now, but I have been way down deep, and could not get here sooner.

I whipped this image up this afternoon, thinking that it might be cool for the back of your t-shirt, or a poster, or such. Let It Flow

Imagery is my game, so if you are interested, I could do your puzzle pieces, etc.

PS - I like your front of shirt idea, but could not get an image for the back
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: CCSVI t-shirt ideas

Post by NHE »

Hi Vonna,
Great work on the t-shirt ideas. I like the pinched question mark. By the way, the shadowing around the letter M seems a little dark. It seems to make both look a little smudgy and not very distinct. Have you tried using a lighter gray for the shadowing or perhaps use a different color for the letter M? Another option might be to also increase the highlights while lightening the shadows. This would make the letter M appear more distinct.

I hope that these are helpful ideas for you.

By the way, I get an error message when trying to view the shirt back image.

NHE
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

I just tweaked this image a bit to make it "crisper" (as per NHE's suggestion).

Though, the question mark is a bit choppy

My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Hi Johnson,
So glad you are getting involved in this! Yes I like your picture, It "further explains" the very simple drawing I did. And I do appreciate you posting the picture for me.

I did set up the pictures on a different page, so that hopefully everyone will be able to see them without a problem. One of the issues you all are having
with seeing the images, is that I keep changing them!!

http://ccsvivictory.club.officelive.com ... oIdea.aspx

This should help, because the link will stay the same no matter how I change the logo up.

I did make the background lighter(shirt color), as per someone's suggestion.

Also, made the shadow "less fuzzy". Let me know If I should tweek it more. Notice in the examples, though, that the older "more fuzzy" shadow was used. I just have not had the time to change this yet. The top picture only shows the change in shadow.

Note: the hat idea is OPTIONAL!
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Rope, just wanted to say that I agree with you. As far as I am concerned, it's medical neglect for treatment to be put off for years. By then, it will be too late for some. People will actually die, or become permanently disabled from MS while the correlation and safety studies are being done. It should be a matter of signing a consent form. For many people, the risk of MS and hemorrhaging in the brain far outweigh the risk of ballooning and stinting.
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Okay everyone,
I have had comments about the fact that this is a good T-Shirt design, but a logo should be more simple.

Here is the logo proposal to go with the shirt, etc.

http://ccsvivictory.club.officelive.com ... oIdea.aspx

This logo would be for the business cards and such.
Mechanicallyinclined
Family Elder

Post by Mechanicallyinclined »

Johnson.... That picture or logo with the veins and the tap........That's awesome! It really caught my eye! Just my opinion.
esta
Family Elder

Post by esta »

Hi vonna
I just don't get the back of the T-shirt "MS talk 2010"
if we just took that out it would work for me...
the new design is fabulous. I love the logo - that should go on the business card, along with CCSVI points...whgat do you think?
valanhb
Family Member

Post by valanhb »

Vonna and all,

I really like the idea of spreading the word in a non-confrontational manner at events like the MS walk where people who either have MS or who love someone with MS will be gathering. :D You guys have really taken it and ran with it and I hope this is carried into action!

I'm somewhat of a graphic artist myself and definitely in the marketing arena, and I really like what you're doing with the logo and short and hat designs. Grabs attention quickly, and opens the way for questions.

While I love the MS tie in for Multiple Stenosis, the only issue is that nothing remotely close to CCSVI comes up when that is Googled or Binged. I'm definitely NOT shooting down the idea - I think it's brilliant! But I know what you're talking about. ;)

Just a thought because so many people might not ask but will write it down and Google it for more information. (I do that, I'm pretty shy in person!) If you can get that tied into your site and into the search engines for that by the time this goes into action then you have zero issues. :) OR include a website address on the shirt somewhere.

A thought for the sale of shirts/hats/whatever...cafepress.com (it is US based, so is there something like them that is Canadian?). It's free to join (basic store), free to upload your design and choose what merchandise you want it on - shirts, hats, mugs, waters bottles, even stickers, magnets and pins. Unfortunately there are no business cards. :( Something like that would take the pressure off of you to have shirts, etc. printed and then hope to recoup your initial investment. Especially if you want more than one item (shirts & hats) printed, or more than one design offered.

Just offering up a couple ideas to help the cause! :)
Vonna
Family Elder

Post by Vonna »

Hi valanhb,
Thank you for your thoughtful comments. We are very close to a decision on where to purchase these the shirts from. Details soon!

You bring up an important point about someone trying to google Multiple Stenosis. One thing I will need to do, and hopefully others could do as well, is put this word in their key words/metatags of their website. The shirt does have CCSVI on the back. "CCSVI will change history" So, hopefully if they are too shy to talk, they will write that down.

Also, we will be handing out business cards and one page fliers and such. These will have CCSVI on them, and also website addresses.

Thanks for your input.

esta, go here:
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/get-in ... index.aspx

The MS society's theme is "walk MS". Can't say for sure, but I am guessing that their shirts will have these words this year. All their other advertising does.

Johnson and Mechanicallyinclined, I am keeping this idea in mind, hoping we can use it somehow.