GOLD FOR DR EMBRY

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
mangio
Family Elder

GOLD FOR DR EMBRY

Post by mangio »

We love you Dr Embry. Thankyou and your family for all your incredible
efforts for MS patients. With glowing hearts.
Brightspot
Family Elder

Post by Brightspot »

Another hearty thank you from the west coast!! You speak most eloquently for those of us with MS. I treasure your contributions to the debate that shoud not be happening, and your excellent observations on why we are having to fight for the right to a reasonable standard of health care.
Lelo
Family Member

Post by Lelo »

Two and a half year ago I recieved my ms-diag. Two days after I started the BBD. Had some contacts with Ashton Embry, asking about the D-vit.

I am a man, but I love this fantastic Man deeply and he has meant more for me and my recovery than I can describe here.

Thank you Ashton for all your efforts to help us people finding out strategies against our ms.

From Sweden with Love
Ernst
Family Elder

Post by Ernst »

I could say like Lelo, Ashton Embry has made big impact to our life -- my wife got MS dx over 3 yrs ago and quite soon I found direct-ms pages and wife has been on BBD since then. I also sent some mails to Sir Ashton Embry and he was so kind to answer. What a scientist and what a big man. Very deep rispect.

- Erkki from Finland
My wife's 3 yrs post video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLeqLps8XR8

Our family: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QCKxeQAlg
nono

Post by nono »

Same here from the Netherlands ,

I and others from the Dutch CCSVI forum did our best on the translation of
the letters from Ashton Embry ,so its now available in Dutch.
His arguments are so strong I'm sure he can convince every opponent with them.

Thanks dr. Embry , with the deepest respect!
Pepe
Family Elder

Post by Pepe »

Ditto :!: :!: :!:
María was Dx RRMS 1996. SPMS since 2003; Dx CCSVI by Dr. Simka on Dec.-2009; Balloon angioplasty on Jan.-2010 in Katowice (Poland); Betaseron (2000-2009); Tysabri since June 2009. BBD since 2003. IBT since Jan.-2010.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

While I admire Ashton Embry's work on diet/MS I have a strong disagreement with his answer to me concerning genetic hemochromatosis and MS: I believe the majority of us have subclinical hemochromatosis...

Marilyn,

Most people with MS do not carry the hemochromatoisis gene and most definitely do not have hemochromatosis. A Pubmed search will conform this. There may be a a higher % of persons with MS with hemochromatosis then in the general population but this is not a big deal.
They have done many genetic studies in MS and have found that many genes are involved and none is dominant, that is, all contribute a small amount. The one consistent one is an autoimmune gene which is part of the HLA DR2 family. They have shown that MS, like most autoimmune disease is HLA restricted.
There is no doubt that northern Europeans are more genetically susceptible than other people. Regardless, environmental factors decide the issue as shown by many epidemiological studies. The occurrence of CCSVI as part of MS is an important one and how this fits in regarding environment and genes is not known. The bottom line is adequate vitamin D will prevent MS in most cases and I would
bet relief of CCSVI plus a good diet will halt MS if treated soon after diagnosis.
I am sorry to hear you have PPMS and to me diet and relief of CCSVI hold the best options. I refer you to the Terry Wahls video on our site (Information/Presentations). She has stopped SPMS with major nutriitonal changes.

All the best,

Ashton
No virus found
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

From Zamboni himself:

[quote]http://jrsm.rsmjournals.com/cgi/content/full/99/11/589

Iron-laden macrophages carrying the HFE mutation display increased iron export, increasing the risk of generation of free iron and free radicals, possibly extending tissue lesions.5,6 A study from Australia29 suggests that C282Y-HFE mutation is increased in MS cases of North Western European origin and supports further investigations into the role of iron metabolism in the severity of MS. [/quote
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

Can somebody please ask Ashton Embry to run two genotype cheek swabs on his son. One for celiac genetics, and one for hemochromatosis genetics. Out of all the money that he has been raising for the role of diet in MS, it would cost around $600 to do this.

Let's rule out a genetic factor in his son's developing MS!
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =525365892

There is also a considerable and positive role for nutrients in terms of their chelation of iron. Indeed, polyphenolic compounds, many of which have known health benefits [1633-1642], are widely used as food antioxidants [1643; 1644]. There is of course considerable epidemiological evidence for the benefits of consuming fruit and vegetables that are likely to contain such antioxidants (e.g. [1645-1648]), and – although possibly a minimum – this has been popularised as the ‘five a day’ message (e.g. http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/ and http://www.5aday.nhs.uk/). Even though elements of the ‘Mediterranean’ diet that are considered to be beneficial are usually assumed to be so on the basis of their antioxidant capabilities (but cf. [1649]), many of the polyphenolic compounds (e.g. flavones, isoflavones, stilbenes, flavanones, catechins (flavan-3-ols), chalcones, tannins and anthocyanidins) [1650-1657] so implicated may also act to chelate iron as well [963; 1658-1672]. This is reasonable given that many of these polyphenols and flavonoid compounds [1650; 1673-1682] have groups such as the catechol moiety that are part of the known iron-binding elements of microbial siderophores. Examples include flavones such as quercetin [807; 1642; 1658; 1683-1693], rutin [1658; 1686; 1687; 1694; 1695], baicalin [1689; 1696], curcumin [1642; 1697-1701], kolaviron [1702], flavonol [1703], floranol [1704], xanthones such as mangiferin [1705-1708], morin [1705], catechins [963; 1636; 1667; 1683; 1709; 1710] and theaflavins [1711], as well as procyanidins [1664; 1712] and melatonin [1464; 1713-1716].