Appt with Dr Kostecki

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Vhoenecke
Family Elder

Post by Vhoenecke »

Thanks ngocky, I know we will be fine.
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

hi,
Can I check... those that have been given an appointment by dr Kostecki, was this after calling him? I ask because I've emailed him a couple of times - once in January, then again just a week ago. I did get a reply to the first email but nothing for the 2nd...
cola
ngocky
Getting to Know You...

Post by ngocky »

Hi cola

We sent him 3 emails. The first time we telephoned he took our name down, and the other two times he didnt even ask for our name. He told us that he would reply to our emails.

I dont think it would hurt to give him a ring if you havent heard from him

Best of luck

N xxx
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

Thanks, Ngocky. Much appreciated!
grammastang
Family Member

Appt with Dr. Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Cola
I have had a couple of emails back and forth with Dr. Kostecki on Monday and Tuesday this week but have not heard from him for a couple of days now. So I imagine that he is very busy. I am also considering calling him but I don't want to bug him. I have a 9 hour time difference between western Canada and Poland and would prefer to not catch him at supper time.
Lynda
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

Thanks, Lynda.
Same here - I don't want to pester him! Think I'll sleep on it and hopefully I'll get a reply tomorrow. The waiting is unbearable, isn't it?
grammastang
Family Member

Appt with Dr. Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Cola,
My sentiments exactly. I will sleep on it too. Let's keep posting.
Cheers
Lynda
LisaAnn
Getting to Know You...

Post by LisaAnn »

I sent an e-mail to Ameds inquiring about their waiting list. I also assumed that Dr. Kostecki was involved in this clinic. I just received an e-mail from Ameds saying that Dr. Kostecki is not involved in their clinic.
Has anyone else made this assumption?
Does anyone know what Dr. is in charge of the Ameds clinic?
Lisa
grammastang
Family Member

Appt with Dr. Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Lisa,
I posted on this forum (1st page) an email I received from Ameds. It should answer any questions you have about them.
Lynda
grammastang
Family Member

Appt with Dr. Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

ngocky,
Thanks for Dr. Kostecki's phone number. Can you tell me what time it was in Poland when you called him?
About my test results..Dr. Simka was at the clinic where I had my scans done and he said I needed treatment. Soooo I am looking for treatment out of country (Canada) not available here.
Lynda
grammastang
Family Member

Appt with Dr. Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

I received an email from Dr. Kostecki yesterday. He talked to Dr. Simka and he said he will have to do another MRI as they do it different than FCSC in Vancouver. Dr. Kostecki is going to set me up with an appointment in May.
Also I received an email from Amed and I am on the waiting list for 2011. So if you haven't emailed Amed yet it looks like they are booked up for 2010 already. I am off to Dr. Kostecki in May. As soon as Dr. Kostecki has confirmed a date. I will keep you posted.
Lynda
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

I finally got the email from Dr. Kostecki... it arrived about an hour after I'd confirmed my appointment and booked tickets for testing/treatment with Prof. Grozdinski in Bulgaria! The thing is, I now don't know which appointment I should take...

Poland is a bit cheaper, and sooner (approx 2 weeks' time)
Bulgaria is in 1 month's time - and Tokuda Hospital looks fab.

Looking at both itineraries, I think I will choose Bulgaria. I will be traveling alone and there seems to be a lot of hanging about in Poland (going to and from hospital each day/having a day off, etc), whereas in Bulgaria I'll go to the hospital as soon as I arrive and stay there until it's all done.

What would you do (anyone)? I need to let Dr Kostecki know my decision asap.

Does anyone have feedback on either one?
Jaguar
Family Member

Post by Jaguar »

Colapesce

I am going to Bulgaria, but... I would choose to go to Poland if I had a choice. I don't, unless I want to wait until March 2011.

Poland has, at this point, a lot more people going through and giving feedback (positive) on this forum, so easy to find.

Bulgaria has from what can be made out, a limited number of people going there, and so far no-one from TIMS has been. We don't expect any "internationals" like ourselves to have the procedure in Bulgaria until the end of this month.

To my mind, Poland has more experience with this procedure than anywhere in the world, including Italy.

I don't believe the procedure is particularly risky - if I did I would not be going to Bulgaria. I am going to Bulgaria because I don't want to wait for the procedure, which I think IS risky because it involves a probable worsening of my MS.
mswife2311

Post by mswife2311 »

So far we've only heard about the people going to see Dr. Simka. Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Kostecki? We are awaiting a confirmation from a couple of places including Dr. Kostecki so we'd like to know if anyone has any experience with him?
girl69
Family Member

Post by girl69 »

Hi there !
I came back a week ago from Poland and was in Dr. Kostecki's first international patient group (he has only been treating Polish patients before). I can only recommend him and his wonderful team to all of you !!! :)

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”