Appt with Dr Kostecki

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
colapesce
Family Elder

Post by colapesce »

Wow! In 2 days I've now been offered an appointment with:
Grozdinski in Bulgaria - May 5
Kostecki in Poland - April 21
Simka/Ludyga - April 28

I'm going to choose Bulgaria. I'm sure they're all brilliant, but had already confirmed the appointment and booked flights when the other 2 offers came in (within hours!)

Now I just need to try to get info from the neuro over here...
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

colapesce wrote:Wow! In 2 days I've now been offered an appointment with:
Grozdinski in Bulgaria - May 5
Kostecki in Poland - April 21
Simka/Ludyga - April 28

I'm going to choose Bulgaria. I'm sure they're all brilliant, but had already confirmed the appointment and booked flights when the other 2 offers came in (within hours!)

Now I just need to try to get info from the neuro over here...
Go figure when it rains it pours!

Funny I wrote to Kostecki and AMEDS long ago and they wrote back with some info but never did give me a date. Simka told me that I'd have to wait till his new clinic opens.
I met him in Vancouver when he was there on the 4th of March at False Creek...he did my doppler. Wishing I could get with him and Ludyga but oh well.

I am going to Bulgaria for April 28th! I am super excited : )
pinksapphire
Family Member

Post by pinksapphire »

colapesce wrote:I finally got the email from Dr. Kostecki... it arrived about an hour after I'd confirmed my appointment and booked tickets for testing/treatment with Prof. Grozdinski in Bulgaria! The thing is, I now don't know which appointment I should take...

Poland is a bit cheaper, and sooner (approx 2 weeks' time)
Bulgaria is in 1 month's time - and Tokuda Hospital looks fab.

Looking at both itineraries, I think I will choose Bulgaria. I will be traveling alone and there seems to be a lot of hanging about in Poland (going to and from hospital each day/having a day off, etc), whereas in Bulgaria I'll go to the hospital as soon as I arrive and stay there until it's all done.

What would you do (anyone)? I need to let Dr Kostecki know my decision asap.

Does anyone have feedback on either one?

I wrote to Kostecki....I still didnt get a date but I did for Bulgaria. I'm headed there on April 28th! Bulgaria does sound easier than Poland. My husband gets to stay in the hotel right at the hospital. then we will be staying at the Greenville for a few days after my release from the hospital. Hope this helps : ) We have our arrangements made through Geya tours. They are great to deal with!
grammastang
Family Member

Appt with Dr. Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi Cola,
My thoughts are that everyones situation is different. Since you are in England travelling to Poland or Bulgaia that is not so far and travelling by yourself for the procedure (very brave of you) so a one or two day trip is probably better suited for yourself. I on the other hand will be travelling from Vancouver, BC Canada (on the west coast of Canada) so I am looking forward to a week so that I will be able to relax and restore some energy for tests and procedure. The flight alone with time difference ect takes up about a day and a half :lol: :lol: to get to Poland. I will be travelling with my husband who has distant cousins in Katowice that he hasn't seen for 40 years. Unfortuneatly he does not speak the language but we are looking forward to an unplanned holiday anyway. I don't have a confirmed date yet with Dr. Kostecki but I spoke to him on the phone yesterday and he said he would check the schedule for May.
Good Luck
Lynda
grammastang
Family Member

Appt with Dr. Kostecki

Post by grammastang »

Hi everybody,
I just received an email and apppointment with Dr. Kostecki for May 10th for mri, ultrasound and procedure on the 14th. Has anyone else been to Dr. Kostecki and is anyone going around the same time as me?
Lynda

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”