False Creek

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Gordon
Family Elder

False Creek

Post by Gordon »

False Creek did a great job.

I was also fortunate enough to meet Dr. Simka while I was there, along with Dr. Cooperberg, who is their radiologist.

Dr. Simka actually did my ultrasound, with Dr. Cooperberg.

I had a great experience but I wish I had talked more to Dr. Simka

Me
prairiegirl
Family Elder

Post by prairiegirl »

What were the results of your testing (if you wish to divulge)?
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

This has probably been answered somewhere but do they check the azygous vein as well?

Thx
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

Hi.
I am confused. Is False Creek in Canada, BC?
Isn't Simka in Europe?
Was there a symposium or something going on or do I have my info confused?
Thank you for the clarification. Sincerely, Rose
Johnson
Family Elder

Post by Johnson »

Rose2 wrote:Hi.
I am confused. Is False Creek in Canada, BC?
Isn't Simka in Europe?
Was there a symposium or something going on or do I have my info confused?
Thank you for the clarification. Sincerely, Rose
Hi Rose,

False Creek Surgical Centre is a private clinic in Vancouver, BC. My understanding is that they invited Simka whilst he was on a trip here to train UBC researchers. FCSC are reportedly sending staff to train with Zamboni in Italy this month, as well.

I had a half a mind to storm the gates at False Creek SC to ask Dr. Simka when he was going to liberate me.
My name is not really Johnson. MSed up since 1993
DizzyLiz
Family Member

Post by DizzyLiz »

I have heard that there is going to be a very important Press Conference in Vancouver at 10 am this morning.

Dr. Simka has been at the False Creek Surgical Centre since Tuesday testing MS patients for CCSVI. MS Liberation has hired a film crew to film him in order to help share the knowledge of testing for CCSVI for training purposes. Dr. Godley was kind enough to allow us to do so.

As well, the False Creek Surgical Centre, like us, is working in collaboration with Dr. Mark Haacke in order to standardize and expedite testing of CCSVI.
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

Im happy with their efforts and the learning thats been going on. I have an appt at uh 10am this morning, sounds like they might be busy with the press...
DizzyLiz
Family Member

Post by DizzyLiz »

Hi Billmeik
Let us know what you see / hear...
and good luck to you with your scans... seems like we all want to find out we have stenosis, not like others who want nothing to show up on tests! Aren't we a strange lot! :lol:
Rose2
Family Elder

Post by Rose2 »

YaHOOO!!!!
Thank you for filling me in.
I think that is exaclty where it needs to start. These famous guys need to train others in the diagnosis first and foremost.
This is wonderful news!!! Then those who are trained have 'Credentialed Training' or whatever they want to call it so that they can be taken seriously and this can go forward!!
This is great! and thank God for airplanes!!
Sincerely, Rose ;))
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

Well that went well. I did ultrasound and dr cooperburg did it. He thinks its a leap to call my weak membrane blockage ccsvi, and then there's the other leap to say ccsvi causes ms, but he was gruff like house and honest. I like that guy. Simka showed up at the end with dr G et al. I really couldnt get better experts to comment on my news...which would have been negative a few months back I guess, and now is vaguely positive.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

Billmeik wrote:Simka showed up at the end with dr G et al. I really couldnt get better experts to comment on my news...which would have been negative a few months back I guess, and now is vaguely positive.
I'm a little confused. Did they say it was CCSVI?
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

A membrane blockage is on the relatively good/easy-to-fix side of CCSVI...angio takes care of it and it's not something where restenosis would be likely. But what did Simka recommend?
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Billmeik
Family Elder

Post by Billmeik »

dunno i'll have to see it in writing but in general cooperburg was all ' I liked it better when we used to send these back as negatives' but this was something new that simka was showing them. I really don't understand some fundamentals...there is definitely a 2d read out like a sound wave sin wave thing that was important. I wanna play with that gear. And the doppler that shows different colours depending on flow direction...dunno.

One gret comment someone made was the perfect animal model study would be if you could block and unblock the veins on people and see if they have attacks.

Took me about 2 hours driving home to realize that that is what angioplasty and restenosis achieve.

Maybe I should get angio and even if things clog off again I'll have added to the data.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Billmeik wrote:
One gret comment someone made was the perfect animal model study would be if you could block and unblock the veins on people and see if they have attacks.
They shall have their animal study wishes soon :)
BTW, Dr. Zamboni already found that humans only had relapses when the veins restenosied...he writes about that in his endovascular paper.
Good news on the membrane, Billmeik....that's the easiest fix of all, pierce and go. Take it as good news!
cheer
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com

Return to “Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)”