Buffalo CCSVI testing "On Hold"

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Zeureka
Family Elder

Post by Zeureka »

OK just delete my messages
fogdweller
Family Elder

Post by fogdweller »

cheerleader wrote:Once again...there is nothing regarding stents in any of this.
There is no PR bent to the initial post. We do not know what is going on there, and should NOT speculate. It could be scheduling, it could be staff problems, we simply do not know.
I agree we don't know, but as long as we all know it is speculation and no one is stating it as fact, were just blogging and speculaing is part of the fun.

However, it can't possibly have anything to do with the stenting problems. It is my understanding that Buffalo was ONLY doing diagnostics, and none if this has anything to do with treatment. Is that wrong, were they doing any angioplasty or stenting? None has critisized just taking pictures as far as I know.
Rosegirl
Family Elder

Post by Rosegirl »

Before the results of the first study at BNAC were announced, they published a fact sheet that described the two additional studies listed below.

There will be a second study of 500 people who will be examined with the new Doppler machine specifically developed for CCSVI.

They also announced that they will soon begin the Controlled Randomized EndovasScular Therapy (CRET) study for CCSVI. This will be a 6-month study that will evaluate the safety and preliminary efficacy of therapeutic angioplasty and will include 30 patients with MS.