Marc (Wheelchair Kamikaze) is "going for it"

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
zap
Family Elder

Marc (Wheelchair Kamikaze) is "going for it"

Post by zap »

ozarkcanoer
Family Elder

Post by ozarkcanoer »

I hope with all my heart that this is the answer for the Kamikaze !! He has been so levelheaded and intelligent through all the CCSVI ranting and raving and has seen all the very best doctors in the world that this decision to take the CCSVI route probably wasn't easy. Let's all cheer him on !!!

ozarkcanoer
Ruthless67
Family Elder

Post by Ruthless67 »

Wow!! I wish all the best to him with the procedure. His is a unique case, and I wish him a very positive outcome.

Lora
CureIous
Family Elder

Post by CureIous »

Proud of you man.
RRMS Dx'd 2007, first episode 2004. Bilateral stent placement, 3 on left, 1 stent on right, at Stanford August 2009. Watch my operation video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwc6QlLVtko, Virtually symptom free since, no relap
LR1234
Family Elder

Post by LR1234 »

Wow Marc!! We are all rooting for you Please keep us posted xx
Cece
Family Elder

Post by Cece »

Oh, wow! Definitely rooting for you, Marc. I've found your posts and blog entries to always be intelligent and of interest.

Btw...he's also released Dr. Sclafani's contact information...
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Nunzio
Family Elder

Post by Nunzio »

Good for you Mark,
If you do have PPMS the good news is that the azygous vein should also be involved and it has an excellent chance to remain open after ballon angio.
Even if you do not have classical MS but have CCSVI I would get the angio anyway. I am in a similar situation even though I am still ambulatory with some help so I will follow up your progress hoping you will need to change your name after the procedure to something like " Jogging Kamikaze"
Best wishes
Nunzio
magoo
Family Elder

Post by magoo »

So exciting!!! I hope his outcome is ALL positive!
See, there are doctors willing to treat us here in the US, we just have to find and educate them on CCSVI!
Rhonda~
Treated by Dake 10/19/09, McGuckin 4/25/11 and 3/9/12- blockages in both IJVs, azy, L-iliac, L-renal veins. CCSVI changed my life and disease.
paulmur
Family Member

Post by paulmur »

Rooting for you Marc! You have been an inspiration to all of us here. For me, your voice of reason has been a really big comfort. I'm in New York too. My neuro is at the Cornell Weill Center. Scalafani sounds like a really good doc to have in our corner.

Thanks!
happydance
Family Member

Post by happydance »

Wishing you all the best! Keep us updated with your results.
Moom9335
Family Member

Procedure

Post by Moom9335 »

Marc, Wishing you a great outcome with Dr. S. It was a thrill to meet you in his office. By the way, you are so much more handesome in the flesh than in your blog pic. :lol:
Brainteaser
Family Elder

Post by Brainteaser »

XX
Last edited by Brainteaser on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brightspot
Family Elder

Post by Brightspot »

Go Kamikaze! Will be watchin for your updates and wishing you the best.
seanthecaper
Getting to Know You...

If Marc is Going for It, Then CCSVI Has Credence

Post by seanthecaper »

Marc, your posts are informative and unbiased. You put alot of thought into your points of view on discussions regarding dealing with MS and on deciding to pursue this new CCSVI theory.

I wish nothing but good luck and hope to hear a new man has emerged from this procedure.

I am getting tested very soon, but will wait it out a bit on the surgical intervention until professionals in Canada are adept at performing the stenting and angioplasty in veins.

I look forward to reading about your progress on your blogs.

Sean
coach
Family Elder

Post by coach »

Praying for a good outcome for you Mark. Just returned from my followup with Dr. Dake. Collaterals have disappeared. Feeling so much better. Hoping the walking will come. I had azygous involvement too. Best to and for you.