Post Liberation-Improve-physio

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.

Post Liberation-Improve-physio

Postby thornyrose76 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Has anyone had the liberation treatment,, then after contacted a physiotherapist, started a physio rehab program for whatever disability they hve, and then noticed improvements after excersing or trying to? :oops: :)
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby sou » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:47 am

That's exactly my what I was thinking about. To rehabilitate or not to rehabilitate? That is the question!

sou
Shortest joke: "We may not be able to cure MS but we can manage its symptoms."
sou
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:31 am

I would think rehab would be helpful & would also provide a charted record of improvements...but wouldn't it depend on where you're starting from and how much recovery is possible?
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Postby thornyrose76 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Just seems there are a lot of unknowns with this particular point. If you had the procedure, I guess you could see a physio but what would be there response to post-liberation treatment, "forget it, you've been disabled for a number of years!?" It's just whom do u turn to, what do you do ppost-liberation? There don't seem to be any answers...or examples. AI'm sorry but less brain fog doesn't really say much or does it? :cry:
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Postby Cece » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:28 pm

No, that makes perfect sense. If you're in a situation where rehab has not been a possibility but then, after the operation, want to see if it is...I suppose you'd have to convince your regular doctor and get a referral to rehab.
"However, the truth in science ultimately emerges, although sometimes it takes a very long time," Arthur Silverstein, Autoimmunity: A History of the Early Struggle for Recognition
Cece
Family Elder

Postby esta » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi there
I go to a community pool rehabilitation programme even though IM in a wheelchair. Keeps me active and more limber I am getting liberated in Poland in June and when I return I am planning to resume my program. I'm hoping to see the fabulous results. Can you possibly do this now? Then you're ready after. this is through a doctor referral. maybe there's one in your town! I like it because it's in a group setting not just me and a physio.
esta
Family Elder

Physio will continue

Postby fiddler » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 pm

I see physiotherapists on a regular basis. I've been exercising (with the regime changing as I deteriorated) on average about 5 times a week for the last 5 years. I was recently referred to a rehab physiotherapist who is currently doing a bunch of benchmarking tests on me. She is very interested in my impending (hopefully) liberation treatment and wants to see how I do against those benchmarks when I come back from being treated.

I can't imagine that any decent physiotherapist would try to dissuade you from starting a rehab program appropriate for your capabilities.

...Ted
Dx SPMS in 2004.  Liberated 29/04/2010.
My blog: www.my-darn-ms.blogspot.com
fiddler
Family Elder

Postby thornyrose76 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:32 pm

You have a point, fiddler, just my worried mind everyone getting to me!
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Postby Donnchadh » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:59 pm

For myself, if I can get the liberation procedure, I am planning on using my exercise cycle at first to re-gain muscle strength. If my balance returns, I would then try to resume practicing tai chi.

Donnchadh
Donnchadh
Family Elder

Postby thornyrose76 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:34 pm

good point, small steps at first, then perhaps if u feel better, stronger then perhaps go one step further and try something more difficult. There are so many unknowns these days.....
thornyrose76
Family Elder

Return to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency (CCSVI)