Looking information about ameds.pl

A forum to discuss Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency and its relationship to Multiple Sclerosis.
Mathd
Family Member

Looking information about ameds.pl

Post by Mathd »

Hi everyone!
(sorry for my english.)

I'm looking for some informations about this web site.

I received a diagnostic for a Primarily progressive Ms 2weeks ago, and I have the symptoms (difficulty to walk, urgency, sensibility of the lower body) for about a year, they slowly appeared. now I can barely walk, I just borrowed some crutches because it's now to hard to walk more than 10 minutes in a row... at the same period last year I was Ice climbing some huge icefall here in Quebec, and 6 month ago I was still capable to rock climb, but the symptoms was already here,

the whole MS thing is very new for me, and I dont want to pass the rest of my life in a weelchair, so I tried to find where I could get the liberation threatment. Here in canada, it will take times, so I tried to find somewhere else

I found this website, ameds.pl, dont remember where, probably on google,
and I ask them if they have a waiting list or something, they said something like " less than 5000euro, you could get the treatment at the end of june/july"

Sound very interesting, but I feel suspicious, it's too good to be real... and I dont want to throw money thru the windows...

Do you know something about them??
references??
feedback of people who gets the treatment with them?
or is someone know a better place to get the treatment? :?:
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

Hi,

Ameds is clinic/hospital in Poland which didn't actually start treating people yet. They are in last phase of preparations to start treating CCSVI patients (at least it is what their website says), so nobody will tell you at this moment if they are good or not because nobody was treated yet. From their website you will not find out who are the doctors performing surgery, what is the location of hospital (close to Warsaw doesn't tell me much and I live in Warsaw) so I guess we have to wait till Ameds actually starts performing liberation treatments in April. What you can do now is register with them to be on waiting list, bec it is not as long as in Katowice.
Habenoughyet
Family Member

Post by Habenoughyet »

Hi Mathd,

I'm from Montreal, and I also have been diag with PPMS. Symptoms started about a year ago, and what a year it was :? ... I also sent an email to the AMEDS clinic, got a reply this morning, I just asked for their pricing for the treatment (+/- 5000 EUROs), and they had put me on their waiting list as well, even though I didn't ask to be on the waiting list I just wanted to inquire about the price... Seems to me they are quite eager to oblige, not sure "who" the doctors are, or what experience they have with this treatment. I guess it's a risk we are going to have to take, or not...

HEY
"Never argue with stupid people... They bring you down to they're level and beat you with experience"
BBE
Family Member

Post by BBE »

mila77 wrote:Hi,

...what is the location of hospital (close to Warsaw doesn't tell me much and I live in Warsaw) so I guess we have to wait till Ameds actually starts performing liberation treatments in April.
Hi, there is Adress on the website. http://ameds.pl/strona14-en_US.html
You can check them if you live not far away.

AMEDS Centrum Sp. z o.o.
Al. Ujazdowskie 41
00-540 Warszawa
mila77
Family Member

Post by mila77 »

BBE wrote:
mila77 wrote:Hi,

...what is the location of hospital (close to Warsaw doesn't tell me much and I live in Warsaw) so I guess we have to wait till Ameds actually starts performing liberation treatments in April.
Hi, there is Adress on the website. http://ameds.pl/strona14-en_US.html
You can check them if you live not far away.

AMEDS Centrum Sp. z o.o.
Al. Ujazdowskie 41
00-540 Warszawa
Well, I am sorry to dissapopint you but this is not the address of any hospital. This is office location where they probably keep legal documents and stuff like that. Besides they need some address to register company according to Polish law.

All they say about the hospital is
"Hospital in which AMEDS will provide CCSVI examinations and treatments is considered one of top ten hospitals in Poland in terms of competencies of its medical staff, services offered, and availability of most modern technical infrastructure. Hospital located in a short distance from Warsaw, allows for easy access to Warsaw International Airport."
so the only information we have is short distance to Warsaw :-(